Business Development Manager
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Who We Are:
Crafty's mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by
providing the services and technology to deliver a modern,
comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no
matter where they work. After operating with a vertically
integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from
Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area,
our team launched a third party fulfillment model that has rapidly
scaled our coverage into over 35 markets across 5 countries.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, comprised of folks
in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales,
account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced,
and just plain fun, and we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix
of humans who make up our team!
Having grown over 20x in 2 years, Crafty is well-positioned to
continue our recent successes!
The Business Development Manager (BDR Manager), reporting to the VP
of Sales, will drive significant and sustained revenue growth
through net new business acquisition. With a focus on training and
development, you and your team will play a pivotal role in shaping
the success of our outbound efforts to engage and attract B2B
clients through cold emailing, cold calling, and social
prospecting. Crafty currently has a team of three BDRs who will
report directly to the BDR Manager, and we have plans in place to
scale the team to greater heights.
The individuals in this role must be entrepreneurial, with a strong
focus on building and rebuilding systems. As our product continues
to evolve and scale, the BDR Manager will develop new ways to
consistently bring more clients into the Crafty network.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of BDRs to achieve and exceed
cold outreach targets and performance metrics.
- Develop personalized training plans for each team member to
improve their cold outreach skills, product knowledge, objection
handling, and overall effectiveness.
Training Strategy and Curriculum:
- Develop a comprehensive training program that covers cold
emailing, cold calling, and social prospecting techniques, aligned
with the B2B sales cycle and target audience.
- Regularly update and adapt training materials to reflect the
latest industry trends, best practices, and messaging
- Deliver engaging and informative training sessions to onboard
new BDRs and refresh the skills of existing team members.
Performance Analysis and Coaching:
- Utilize data analytics to monitor individual and team
performance, identifying areas for improvement and opportunities
- Provide constructive feedback and one-on-one coaching to BDRs,
focusing on skill development, objection handling, and
- Implement performance improvement plans for underperforming
team members, ensuring they receive the support needed to
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing
and Sales, to align BDR efforts with overall company goals and
- Continuously refine the outbound prospecting process based on
insights gathered from the team's experiences and results.
Training Assessment and Continuous Learning:
- Conduct regular assessments and knowledge checks to measure the
effectiveness of training programs, making adjustments as
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, sales
methodologies, and emerging tools to enhance the BDR team's
Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare regular reports on team performance, training
effectiveness, and pipeline contribution, presenting findings to
- Foster clear and transparent communication within the BDR team,
sharing success stories, challenges, and best practices.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of business development experience, preferably in
large enterprise sales
- Experience building and operating enterprise account planning
for both new and existing clients
- Proven experience in B2B cold outreach and sales, with at least
3 years of experience in a BDR or sales role
- Success navigating long, technical relationship-based sales
- Experience in a pure hunting environment with a focus on net
- Well versed in all aspects of sales cycles
- Demonstrated P&L experience and proven track record of
consistently exceeding individual and team revenue, sales and/or
other quantitative goals
- A "talent magnet" with a strong track record of successfully
recruiting and developing salespersons and building high performing
- 2 years or more experience in team management, training, or
- Excellent understanding of B2B sales cycles, prospecting
strategies, and objection handling techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data
and metrics to drive informed decisions.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written
- Proficiency in CRM tools and sales enablement
- Self-driven, goal-oriented, and adaptable to a dynamic work
- Microsoft Powerpoint / Google Slides
- Skill in consultative selling and relationship building, with a
focus on data-driven sales
- Effective communication skills (oral, written, and
- Strategic and detail-oriented planner with strong ability to
identify and follow-through on leads to create and close deals
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and
analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions
- A team builder, team player and leader who creates loyalty,
trust and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to
contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires others
and highly respected.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates
concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts
communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to
excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all
activities with sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time.
Organized with good attention to detail.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages
numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient
and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you're
joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly
hard and to get things done.
We are proud to offer a compensation package that includes our
Crafty healthcare plan, covering primary health, dental, and vision
plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and
parental leave. And, of course, it also includes Crafty-grade
snacks, beverages, and fun events!
Lastly, this role offers a special opportunity: to have a major
hand in shaping the future of a young, flourishing company. Your
creativity, ambition, and work will steer the direction of our
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without discriminating
against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Craftydelivers, Chicago , Business Development Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!