Senior Construction Project Manager
Company: Turner & Townsend Group
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Founded in 1952 and formerly known as Heery International Inc.,
the firm operates throughout the United States as part of Turner &
Townsend. It specializes in project and program management for
public sector organizations, with industry-leading experts in
corporate, cultural, healthcare, justice, sports, K-12 education,
higher education, aviation and government facilities.Recognized for
service excellence by a broad spectrum of professional
organizations and industry publications, the talented
multidisciplinary team at Turner & Townsend Heery exceeds client
expectations - adding value, best practice and expertise at every
turn. The team's unique client-centric culture is integrated into
each project and reflects a passion for the built environment and
staying true to the client's vision.Job DescriptionTurner &
Townsend Heeryare seeking an experiencedSeniorConstruction Project
Managerto work alongside one of our key government clients. The
ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication
skills, experience working in the construction industry and be able
to take the initiative to drive activities with limited
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all
- Financial management - Ensuring prompt client invoicing and
utilizing Financial system in order to monitor a project's
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques.
- Managing the change control process.
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and
the client, through regular meetings and written
- Preparing formal project budget progress and other
- Quality Control - Ensuring compliance with quality
- Working to construct proposals for new work or variations for
- Identifying opportunities to improve Project Management
procedures, templates and products referring ideas to the
appropriate line manager.
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is
aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues.
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and
systems to be utilized throughout project.
- General line management responsibilities (where appropriate)
are effectively discharged.Qualifications
- Ability to advise at a strategic level during the project
conception stage, including providing advice on the different
approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the
client's overall objectives.
- Great time management skills. Ensure that project is managed to
the right quality standards, completed efficiently and on
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients and
cross-functional team members.
- Experienced working as an effective team member within the
context of delivering a specific commission.
- Business development opportunities with existing and new
clients, including cross-selling opportunities, are
- Key information and data is effectively shared and
appropriately retained.Education /Experience:
- 8+ years ofConstruction Project Management experience, or
- Demonstrated experience working as a Project Manager within the
construction industry on commercial ground up real estate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the
ability to be highly effective in a client facing role.
- College degree in Construction Management or a related filed,
and PMP certification.
- Membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Experienced managing demanding stakeholders and work stream
- Experience working in the US.Additional Information*On-site
presence and requirements may change depending on our client's
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a
great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and
voice to affect change.We want our people to succeed both in work
and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and
flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.Turner
& Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of
the community.Please find out more about us at
www.turnerandtownsend.com/ andhttps://www.heery.com/All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Join our social media conversations for more information
about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:It is
strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any
fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency
working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at
any time.Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website
or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered
property ofTurner & Townsend and arenot subject to payment of
agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search
Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written
agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the
Recruitment Team,to submit candidates for review.
Keywords: Turner & Townsend Group, Chicago , Senior Construction Project Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!