Manager, Procurement - Formulations
Company: Kraft Heinz Company
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Manager, Procurement - Formulations page is loaded Manager,
Procurement - Formulations Apply locations Chicago, IL time type
Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R-74578
Job DescriptionJob PurposeAs the Procurement Manager for
Formulations, you will support the Kraft Cheese and Oscar Mayer
brands through technical and analytical support to ensure all
products are produced in compliance with quality and regulatory
constraints while also optimizing cost. You will be responsible for
handling various entities within the applications used for short,
mid, and long-term formulation and raw material projections, and
for demonstrating those applications to conduct tactical and
strategic analyses for the broader organization. The role acts as
both a subject matter authority within the Formulations team and a
liaison to relevant partners within R&D, Plant Operations, and
the broader Procurement organization. Success in the role requires
effective communication of analyses and insight of formulation cost
savings to both internal and external customers.Essential Functions
& ResponsibilitiesFormulation Development and Maintenance
- Establishes and implements new formulations within the Quintiq
Macro Planner application for meat, cheese, and dairy formulation
and supply chain optimization, assuring that all pieces of the
supply chain are updated and accurate for user operation and
- Maintains and synchronizes existing formulations, vendors,
transportation lanes, raw materials specifications, etc. across all
scenarios within Quintiq to assure that users can reliably
formulate based on constraints and specifications.
- Crafts and extends new raw material and finished goods for
plant batches and alternate formulation.Procurement, Research and
Development, and Plant Support
- Supports and trains plant and research and development users to
assure that the Quintiq Macro Planner application is used
appropriately and effectively to drive optimal formulation.
- Ensures that all plants have adequate batch sheets to support
their daily production.
- Acts as an escalation point for formulation issues and
questions from procurement, R&D, and plant users.
- Collaborates with R&D on the development of new
formulations for new products and cost reduction initiatives for
- Works with corporate quality and R&D to acquire formulation
exceptions when unexpected circumstances arise.
- Works in partnership with procurement and R&D to stimulate
ideas on where possible new materials can used, developing accurate
raw materials analytics values, recipes, and meat, cheese, and
dairy characteristics for Quintiq formulation and
planning.Reporting and Analytics
- Maximizes analytical insights to conduct root cause analyses on
formulation discrepancies between planned and actual
- Supports procurement in decision making based on reporting and
prescriptive analytics, including ad hoc analyses as
needed.Expected Experience & Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in food, meat, dairy science, or related
field (e.g., Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry) required,
master's degree preferred.
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in food
science, research and development, or manufacturing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability
to present complex information clearly across all levels of the
organization, including the C-Suite.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate across the organization
to grow relationships and influence key stakeholders.
- Prior experience extracting and identifying insights from
business data from various sources, including SAP, Snowflake,
Excel, and other database systems is highly beneficial.
- Strong ability to translate data analysis into practical
insights and tell the story of how those insights impact the
- Experience building and using data visualization dashboards to
drive concrete insights. Prior experience working with Tableau
- Prior experience working with Quintiq Macro Planner is highly
- Understanding of relational database models and ability to
build, update and extract data from SQL databases.
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
languages (R, Python).
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio, and Outlook).Location(s)Chicago/Aon CenterKraft Heinz is an
Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination or
harassment of any type. All qualified applicants are considered for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require an
accommodation to participate in the job application or hiring
process should contact NATAI@kraftheinz.com . Similar Jobs (1)
Procurement Manager - Just Spices locations Chicago, IL time type
Full time posted on Posted 23 Days Ago ABOUT US Kraft Heinz is a
global food company with a delicious heritage. -With iconic and
emerging food and beverage brands around the world, we deliver the
best taste, fun and quality to every meal table we touch. We're on
a mission to disrupt not only our own business, but the global food
industry. A consumer obsession and unexpected partnerships fuel our
progress as we drive innovation across every part of our
company.Around the world, our people are connected by a culture of
ownership, agility and endless curiosity. We also believe in being
good humans, who are working to improve our company, communities,
and planet. -We're proud of where we've been - and even more
thrilled about where we're headed - as we nourish the world and
lead the future of food. WHY USWe grow our people to grow our
business. We champion great people who bring ambition, curiosity,
and high performance to the table as the guardians of our beloved
and nostalgic brands.Good isn't good enough. -We choose greatness
every day by challenging the ordinary and making bold decisions.
All while celebrating our wins - and our failures - as we work
together to lead the future of food. Challenging the status quo
takes talent. -We invest in your purpose and potential by
developing skills and nurturing strengths that leave a legacy on
our business and a lasting impact on your career. Because great
people make great companies, and we're growing something great here
at Kraft Heinz. INCLUSION MATTERS TO USEveryone is welcome at our
table. In fact, we thrive on learning and growing from our diverse
backgrounds and perspectives.Doesn't matter who you are, where
you're from, or who makes your heart sing. We want you to show up
as your authentic self, excited to work with amazing colleagues to
solve complex challenges and innovate in an ever-changing industry.
-We're committed to:
- Hiring and growing talent from diverse backgrounds and
- Growing our Business Resource Groups - vibrant, celebrated
communities that enhance our business through thought leadership
employee engagement and professional development opportunities.
- Providing our managers and leaders high quality learning
experiences to explore how to foster inclusion and belonging.
Keywords: Kraft Heinz Company, Chicago , Manager, Procurement - Formulations, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!