Company: Synergie Medication Collective
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Description Summary
The Product Director will have business ownership overseeing the
full lifecycle development for one or more of the inter plan
product capabilities. They will lead a cross functional
direct/matrix team through strategy, vision and execution applying
product management paradigms. They will gain BCBSA and Plan
consensus and governance approval of proposed strategies to address
market needs. Accountable for building cross-functional
relationships and strategic partnerships to fully assess impact of
solutions, gain adoption of solutions and to develop communication
strategies. This includes building bridges internally and within
Plans between business and technology staff through effective
strategic planning and prioritization. Accountable for building and
maintaining strong working relationships with vendor partners
including Blue Health Intelligence (BHI) and Consortium Health
Plans (CHP). Represent BCBSA interests in national and
government/regulatory forums. Frequent Plan interaction to present
business case for initiatives and gain consensus. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Leads and directs the transformation of one or more Enterprise
Data Solutions assets, transaction processing capabilities and
information assets, enabling the Blues to distinguish themselves in
the marketplace. As Business owner, be responsible for system
solutions and development of inter-plan capabilities including but
not limited to member/claims capabilities, informatics
applications, consumer engagement applications, and data services.
Leads and directs cross-functional efforts and develops business
justification for solutions that meets goals and objectives.
Proactively implements and explores new solutions in support of
emerging business needs and enhanced efficiencies. Responsible for
directing the assessment of alternate solutions including the
analysis of Plan specific and System-wide impacts associated with
solutions. Accountable for improving the functionality, efficiency,
and quality of support to Plans for business application solutions
and for interactions with EIT division.
- Leads long-term planning and strategy development for one or
more products including identifying business value, resource
requirements and budget/timelines to ensure successful
implementation internally and with Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Leads and directs the development of business requirements in
response to strategic priorities. Accountable for building bridges
between business staff and technology staff through leadership of
cross-functional relationships, strategic planning and
prioritization of enhancements and new requirements. Responsible
for ensuring all inter-dependencies are appropriately identified
and accounted for.
- Responsible for the financial management of business
application projects, initiatives and ongoing support and
maintenance budgets, including the development and execution of
long-term business plans for one or more National Programs
- Accountable for gaining BCBSA, Plan consensus and governance
approval of proposed inter-Plan business applications and
technology solutions. Required Education, Certifications and
- Bachelors Degree in business, information technology, data
analytics, healthcare or the equivalent work experience.
- 7 years' of experience with the development and implementation
of major initiatives including cloud based applications.
- Experience leading large data warehouse and analytical
- Experience leading organization-wide initiatives and building
consensus for business results in a decentralized decision-making
structure. Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrixed
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Project management experience; demonstrated ability to set
priorities, lead a team to meet objectives for complex projects
involving multiple stakeholders, and execute according to plans and
- Relationship management skills.: Ability to work across all
levels of the organization, including working with BCBSA staff,
Plan executive and management audiences and vendors., Strong
customer-service mindset.; Ability to develop key business
partnerships both internal and external, build peer
- Strong consensus-building skills in a decentralized
- Data analytical skills; ability to analyze data and processes,
options, and alternatives to provide recommendations; analyze
alternatives to derive final recommendations.
- Communication skills (oral and written): Demonstrated ability
to effectively communicate recommendations, solutions, and project
status to customers, senior management. Ability to communicate
across multiple business and technology teams.
- Problem resolution skills: Ability to gain various viewpoints
and arrive at critical decisions. The ability to problem solve
independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and approach to problem
- Effective organization, presentation, and negotiation
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and critical thinking
skills relative to problem analysis/resolution at both the
strategic and functional levels. Preferred Education,
Certifications and Experience
- Masters degree
- 5 years experience in the development of product roadmaps and
- 10 years' experience in progressive health insurance, in
combination of both product/business development and
- 10 years' experience in software development methodologies and
- Analytic experience relating health care data.
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge of Health Care industry and Health
insurance systems and processes.
- 5 years' experience managing staff and budget.
- Certification by the Academy of Healthcare Management People
Management - Yes BCBSA Employees If you are a current employee
please apply directly through Workday . Welcome Begin your career
at Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) by exploring
currently opportunities and starting your application. It's easy!
After reviewing our open positions, apply to the roles that meet
your requirements and ours too. You can keep track your progress in
the selection process and review new postings too. Thanks for
interest in joining Team BCBSA! About Us At Blue Cross Blue Shield
Association (BCBSA) , we are a national association of 34
independent, community-based and locally operated Blue Cross Blue
Shield companies and we are driven by purpose. Join the team who
supports the nation's largest healthcare network, providing
coverage to nearly one in three Americans as we relentlessly pursue
affordable healthcare and ensure peace of mind for the people we
serve. Be part of our storied history of innovation as we advance
well-being and health equity. Experience a culture that is built on
our care values, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging,
work-life flexibility, well-being and a commitment to our
community. If you thrive at a company that values inclusivity,
accountability, courage, teamwork and respect, we're glad you found
Keywords: Synergie Medication Collective, Chicago , Product Director, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!