Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Interiors
Company: Skyline Construction Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Skyline is Building Better TogetherCome join us at Skyline
Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded
in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located
throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100%
employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an
award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are "building
better together."What's in it for you?Learn to LeadOur Assistant
Project Managers are up and coming leaders in the industry. With
your knowledge and connections, you will now manage your own
small-to-medium sized projects, while also working under the lead
of a Project Manager to receive exposure on larger, more technical
projects. In addition, you will work closely with our
Superintendents in the field to manage a diversified portfolio of
ongoing work. Honing you and your teamAs you gain insight from
Project Managers and Superintendents, you will also step into a
mentoring role. Fresh-faced Project Engineers and interns will look
to you for guidance, and, by mentoring them, you will build up a
capable, agile team of commercial construction experts.Build
industry relationshipsYou will continue to build relationships
within the commercial construction industry- not only with your
fellow experts at Skyline, but with clients, architects,
construction managers, brokers, property managers, and
subcontractors. What will you be doing?Skyline's Assistant Project
Manager are an important element to our team. You have the
technical knowledge to handle smaller scale projects, while also
mentoring emerging Project Engineers. In this role, you will wear
many hats, all while ensuring your projects are completed in a
safe, efficient manner. Our teams use a variety of tools, such as
ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the
cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, you will
interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and,
most importantly, clients. As an Assistant Project Manager, you
will serve in the following areas:
- Schedule and attend job walks.
- Identify subs, prepare bidder RFPs and qualify bids.
- Assist in creating project schedules.
- Prepare subcontractor agreements and keep insurance
- Assist with permit process and city inspections.
- Prepare meeting minutes and weekly status reports.
- Identify, track, and assist with preparing project potential
change orders (PCO's).
- Assist Project Managers with updating project budgets and
- Track, review and maintain RFI's, submittals, shop drawings and
- Code all documents for jobsite filing.
- Complete project close out documentation and assist in punch
list tracking and review.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with the daily
management of a variety of construction projects.Desired Traits:
- 3-5 years of construction experience, including 2 years as a
Project Engineer or equivalent experience preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with major
coursework in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture,
or a related field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures
including project estimating and scheduling.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, On Screen Take-Off (OST),
Microsoft Project, Procore, Blue Beam, PlanGrid preferred.
- Ability to communicate and present information to clients in
meetings and formal interviews.
- Strong problem solving, organizational skills and detailed
- Ability to read architectural / engineering plans and
- Time Management: The ability to organize and manage multiple
- Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project to
ensure project success.
- Mentor colleagues and participate in annual staff reviews.Perks
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, or national origin.
Keywords: Skyline Construction Inc., Chicago , Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Interiors, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!