Electrical Preconstruction Director
Company: Clayco, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Electrical Preconstruction Director will be responsible for
taking the lead on a particular estimate(s) and providing direction
to other team members. They will be responsible for accurately
calculating project costs by preparing budgets for
Electrical/Technology/LV Systems. Budgeting efforts are for
projects in pursuit and those awarded to the company. Successful
candidates will be very well organized, have excellent
communication skills and be computer literate. Must have prior
experience in the construction industry and advanced knowledge to
perform quantity takeoff. The project pursuits will be focused
around larger more technically complex work such as EV,
Semiconductor, Food & Beverage Manufacturing facilities, etc.
- Responsible for bidding work accurately, competitively, and on
- Review of all RFP or design documents to establish a complete
understanding of requested scope of work. Develop RFI lists for
project clarifications. Emphasis of work will include more
complicated, larger projects.
- Coordination with project team to provide take off and
estimating, constructability analyses, value engineering, cost
control, scope reviews etc.
- Ability to estimate and "fill in the gaps" for complete pricing
when only conceptual design documents are available.
- Take off all materials and prices, identify subcontractor
involvement, solicit subcontractor and/or manufacturer prices and
estimate direct field labor.
- Assist internal team members who are responsible for building
positive working relationships with local and national material
suppliers and equipment vendors to provide current pricing of
lighting, distribution equipment, low voltage systems, and
miscellaneous material pricing.
- Assist internal team members in maintaining positive working
relationships with local and national Electrical /Technology/LV
System subcontractors to verify market conditions and labor
- Assist internal team members responsible in maintaining current
subcontractor and material costs within our estimating
- Contribute in creating data to be used for conceptual
estimating measures, such as, man-hours and/or cost per lineal
foot, per square foot, by system, by spec, by building type, etc.
- 15+ years of experience as an estimator in electrical
- Ability to review bid documents and offer design critique
and/or VE opportunities
- Must work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated success in leadership, safety awareness,
good follow-up skills, coaching, and teamwork
- Effective written/oral communication skills, and interpersonal
Keywords: Clayco, Inc., Chicago , Electrical Preconstruction Director, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!