Shift Manager Logistics
Company: Cleveland-Cliffs Steel LLC
Location: East Chicago
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Shift
Manager Logistics at our Indiana Harbor operation in East Chicago,
Indiana. The Shift Manager Logistics coordinates the Safety and
Quality activities and overseas production of a production line in
accordance with safety, material quality and production
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards.
Perform safety, quality and environmental audits on a timely
- Uphold and enforce safety, environmental, job procedures and
maintain general discipline of the crew
- Monitor the operation and intercede promptly with corrective
action, coordinating multiple disciplines in the execution of these
- Schedule and supervise hourly personnel, working directly with
them on the shop floor and from the shift manager's office. Ensure
direct reports receive proper training and utilization, while
establishing an equitable relationship focused on excellence in
safety and production.
- Work with maintenance organization, planners, and schedulers in
developing work lists for repair and/or preventative maintenance
- Make operational decisions in high-stress situations, following
direction from superiors and abiding by corporate policies and
- Develop and perform studies to identify problems, make
recommendations to achieve desired improvements, and communicate
process improvement ideas to workforce that promote reliability,
quality and productivity.
- Supervise a turn crew of operating and maintenance personnel in
the operating department to which assigned.
- Communicate with upstream and downstream operations and
non-Cleveland-Cliffs contractors to coordinate work, deliveries and
- Two-year technical or supervisory degree, or high school
diploma with significant experience.
- Two years of industrial/manufacturing experience.
- Available to work rotating shifts, including weekends and
holidays, in a multi-level organization that operates 24/7, and
work extended hours as needed.
- Self-motivated with minimal direction required for day to day
- Proven team building skills, works well with others of diverse
backgrounds, and able to motivate others.
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical,
organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a hot, dusty environment. Climbing
stairs, ladders, and walking inclines. Able to work/walk safely on
uneven surfaces. Able to work outdoors in all weather.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution in
supervision, technology, or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience in steel mill,
manufacturing, process, production or equivalent facility.
- Successful track record working with a represented workforce in
a heavy industrial setting.
- Knowledge of safety and health policies including key
components of the OSHA regulations ASTM specifications.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and
the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company
is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced
iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream
finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent
total compensation package including top pay with variable
compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan,
education assistance, paid time off and more!
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized
to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-(312) 899-3097
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Do not email your application materials to this email
address. Application materials sent to this email address will not
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct
pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs Steel LLC, Chicago , Shift Manager Logistics, Executive , East Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!