Clinical Nurse Leader - 22nd Floor Nursing - Manager
Company: Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Clinical Nurse Leader - 22nd Floor NursingBy joining our team,
you'll be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work
in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are
championed through words and actions. You'll contribute to an
innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces
curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in
something that's never been done before as we integrate science and
clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as
we Advance Human Ability, together.
Job Description Summary
The Clinical Nurse Leader is a micro-system outcomes manager for a
specified group of patients. Collaborates with other healthcare
disciplines, research and administration teams to manage clinical,
functional, cost, and satisfaction outcomes. Partners with the
education and practice arenas to provide patient care. The Clinical
Nurse Leader serves as a leader through consultation, collaboration
and application of the nursing process with a focus on improving
outcomes at the unit level.
The Clinical Nurse Leader consistently demonstrates support of the
SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for
excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect
and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees,
and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of
The Clinical Nurse Leader demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes:
Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability,
Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope,
Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence)
while fulfilling job duties.
The Clinical Nurse Leader:
* Collects physiological, psychosocial, and functional data to
formulate nursing diagnosis utilizing evidence-based techniques and
* Implements interventions consistent with the established plan of
care, interdisciplinary treatment plan, and available resources and
evaluates progress toward goal attainment modifying the plan of
care as indicated.
* Partners with interdisciplinary team to address complex patient
and family goals and collaborates with Allied Health staff on
interventions to improve performance and outcomes.
* Provides comprehensive nursing care for assigned patients, which
includes performing specializing treatments, administering
prescribed medications, delegating duties to appropriate persons,
and coordinating patient care with other departments.
* Collects and reports pertinent physiological, psychological, and
functional data based on patient plan of care or patient need.
* Collects and analyzes nursing outcome data and collaborates with
manager to develop plan to improve performance.
* Monitors patient satisfaction and preparation for discharge
scores and works with nursing staff to improve levels of
* Orients patient and family to SRAlab, solicits feedback from
nurses to evaluate outcomes, coordinates the handoff of nursing
care, identifies high-risk home discharges, and coordinates
follow-up phone calls.
* Reviews and critiques care plans for patients and works with
staff to customize interventions to attain patient family goals and
reduce the risk of complications during the rehabilitation
* Identifies and develops plan to address learning needs of
patients and families by providing accurate
* Identifies gaps in current available data and develops plan to
collect, interpret, analyze, and use data to improve outcomes.
* Reviews, evaluates and makes recommendations regarding Institute
policies and procedures to insure they are evidence-based and bring
research to the clinical practice.
* Establishes and maintains learning environment by working with
health team members, assisting with care and documentation and
initiating and conducting patient care conferences with staff.
* Assumes charge nurse responsibilities including working with team
members and resolving interdepartmental problems and barriers to
provision of necessary services to patients.
* Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of SRAlab.
* Reports directly to the Nurse Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Minimum education requirement of a Master's of Science degree (or
equivalent) from an accredited nursing program.
* National certification as Clinical Nurse Leader, or completion of
CNL within one year, and ongoing maintenance of Clinical Nurse
Leader national certification/annual continuing education
* Current Illinois Registered Professional Nurse license.
* Current CPR certification.
* Minimum 4 years of relevant nursing experience.
* Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child,
adolescent, young adult, middle-aged adult and geriatric
* Demonstrates the ability to interpret growth and development
related information to assure patient needs are met.
* Demonstrated success in leadership roles and initiatives.
* Excellent problem solving abilities.
* Ability to communicate effectively using timely verbal,
non-verbal and written communication.
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to make sound
judgments and to monitor and respond to patient needs or changes in
* Ability to anticipate, assess, and address the needs of
* Ability to transfer and position patients consistent with lifting
* Normal patient care environment with little or no exposure to
dust or extreme temperature.
* Exposure to moderately adverse working conditions in performing
certain patient care activities.
* Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ShirleyRyan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan Ability Lab, Chicago , Clinical Nurse Leader - 22nd Floor Nursing - Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!