Portfolio Manager VP - Renewable Energy & Utilities - Remote Within Footprint
Company: Associated Banc-Corp
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where
colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to
their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status,
among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need
assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked
to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio
management of Commercial Real Estate and/or
Commercial/Corporate/Specialized Banking relationships to achieve
efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and
expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client
assets and net growth in relationships. Primary performance
responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the
merits of loan requests (including adherence to loan policy),
recommending structure, collecting financial statements, as well as
identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other deposits
services. As a Portfolio Manager, this position will maintain and
build loans and deposits, fee income and referrals of business.
Secondary management of certain accounts may be expected from
senior level performers. At a senior level, one may be responsible
for training and development of more junior portfolio managers.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each
client relationship is in compliance with established Associated
Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as
- As appropriate to experience, co-manage relationships by
analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan
requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing
the client relationship.
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the
- Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of a contact
for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the
Commercial support staff and other internal business
- Responsible for identifying cross sales opportunities of all
bank products including Treasury Management, International Banking,
Private Banking, Private Client and Institutional Services,
Employee Benefit Services, and AFG, Capital markets to our existing
client base as well as prospects.
- May participate with ad hoc special projects for the team or
region as needed.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client
relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
- May provide advice and counsel to clients regarding trends and
conditions of the business environment, capital markets and general
- Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of
borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due
accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. May
assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the loan
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the
bank's Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate
structure of credits.
- Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship
Manager the client and the credit department.
- May serve as a contact manager for non-borrowing accounts and
loan clients for matters relating to other banking
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to
ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance or Accounting or other
related discipline, or equivalent related experience Required
- 4-7 years Commercial/Corporate/Commercial Real
Estate/Specialized Banking and/or Credit Approval Experience
- 4-7 years Extensive experience handling complex credits
- 2-4 years Sales experience Preferred
- 2-4 years Formal Credit Training Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- CFA-Charted Financial Analyst , Preferred
- Must have access to reliable transportation and the ability to
lawfully drive self, if applicable. by start date, Required
Fully complies with all applicable enterprise policies and
procedures. Acts in compliance with all applicable laws and
regulations as outlined in training materials, including but not
limited to Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for reporting suspicious
activity to Financial Intelligence. Responsible to report all
customer complaints as prescribed and procedure violations to
management or HR. Responsible to report ethical concerns as needed
to Associated's anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Associated Bank is committed to working diligently with any
colleague who needs an accommodation perform the essential
functions of the job. Please contact the Leaves & Accommodations
office to request an accommodation.
Keywords: Associated Banc-Corp, Chicago , Portfolio Manager VP - Renewable Energy & Utilities - Remote Within Footprint, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!