Food Service Regional Manager -South/Central Region-Dallas, TX.
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it's now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
"Good for You, Good for the Planet" is Barilla's purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction - Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Food Service Manager -South/Central Region - within Trade Marketing & Sales based in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. The individual will report to Food Service Associate Director - America
Job Purpose: The Food Service Manager will manage and execute all related sales and marketing activities as assigned within the South/Central Region.
- Maximize sales through broadline and specialty food distributors to restaurant, college & university, K-12 channel segments.
- Manage and monitor efforts to identify and develop new customers within each region/territory.
- Target new foodservice distribution areas.
- Manage, negotiate and monitor trade marketing resources to generate sales to achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Develop a sales plan, train, educate and lead all activities of the assigned foodservice broker as required.
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with brokers and customers.
- Identify and pursue appropriate chain account activity within the assigned region.
- Manage region to ensure account business is developed and budgeted sales and profit objectives are achieved.
- Develop and execute business strategy aligned with Barilla's initiatives to achieve growth through distribution within the region.
- Effectively manage time and resources to attain results.
- Build business through support of company branded product.
- Maintain key industry contacts with trade associations.
- Prepare and conduct quarterly business reviews with key accounts.
- Develop strong working relationships/collaborate effectively with key cross-functional partners in order to meet the volume and profit goals for the business unit.
- Maintain deduction balance in line with expectations.
- Forecast region case volumes as business ebbs and flows.
- Update and maintain sales volume tracker and chain log to reflect spending rates against forecasted volumes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Information :
- High school degree or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred (concentration in Management, Marketing, Business, Economics preferred)
- 5-7 years of successful foodservice sales experience
- Extensive internal/external foodservice industry knowledge; Retail knowledge a plus
- Strengths in strategic planning, project management, analysis, presentation and communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP
- 2 years of people management experience preferred
- Proven ability to build high-performance teams
- A multi-market environment is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 65% domestically as well as potentially internationally
- (Location: South/Central region - Dallas, TX)
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas and sexual orientation.
Keywords: Barilla, Chicago , Food Service Regional Manager -South/Central Region-Dallas, TX., Executive , Northbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!