DC Manager - Romeoville
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: October 13, 2019
?As a DC Manager you will be responsible for leading an efficient,
productive and safe department, while meeting or exceeding daily
production requirements.? Ensure good work attitudes, atmosphere
and communication to maximize productivity.? Take an active
partnership in all aspects of an employee?s career with ULTA,
including but not limited to, selection, training, development,
discipline and performance appraisals. ?Use your skills, experience
& talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL!? As a DC Manager you
will perform the following essential functions?
- Leads a team of employees in a technical, fast paced, deadline
driven environment that emphasizes process automation.
- Contributes to the business by adhering to best practices and
seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement and driving
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Takes an active role in DC improvement projects and the change
- Spends majority of work day on DC floor to provide visible
leadership and drive a motivated, positive, productive work force
to ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Identifies, coaches and develops team members through training,
performance reviews, coaching, support and delegation as
appropriate for their development level.
- Daily, weekly and monthly preparation and planning to identify
and prioritize action steps, set timelines, identify and allocates
resources necessary to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Manages employee performance and provides feedback.? Takes
timely action to improve performance.
- Establishes an environment that is conducive to collaboration
and team work, promotes positive employee relations, and takes
steps to prevent or diffuse conflicts.? ?
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience in related
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute
initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory
experience in a high volume automated distribution environment.?
Retail distribution experience is a plus.
- Broad working knowledge of DC processes and operations.?
Thorough knowledge of RF Scanner and WMS systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to train, develop and provide direction to
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a leadership
- Demonstrated leadership decision making and problem solving
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence
- Experience with conveyors, sortation systems, light directed
technology, carousels is preferred.
- Experience with SAP and heavy piece pick volume
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly
during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives
- Ability to work any shift and/or department as required.
- Significant walking, bending, standing.
- Climbing stairs.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.*LI-JL1
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Chicago , DC Manager - Romeoville, Executive , Romeoville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!