Manager of Data Science and Analytics
Company: Monica + Andy
Posted on: November 14, 2019
Monica + AndyManager of Data Science and AnalyticsChicago, IL -
Marketing Team - Reports to Chief Revenue Officer Who is Monica +
Andy? Monica + Andy is a digitally native brand that makes
grow-with-you, organic essentials for moms, babies and kids- sizes
newborn to 8. Inspired by the birth of her daughter, first-time mom
Monica Royer created Monica + Andy in 2014 to deliver the softest
GOTS-certified organic fabrics, limited-edition prints, and
mix-and-match essentials to discerning mothers everywhere. With
superior customer service, a no-questions-asked return policy,
hassle-free gifting options like the Hospital Cuddle Box and even
the option to visit a local Guideshop for assistance, Monica + Andy
is the choice of informed parents and gifters who expect the best.
In addition, Monica + Andy serves as an unbiased, unsponsored
resource and community to help moms and moms-to-be feel supported
and confident in all of their choices. At Monica + Andy, our core
company values are:
EmpathySelf AwarenessJudgmentIntellectual HonestyPositive
Where we need help Monica + Andy is looking for a data scientist
who is passionate about e-commerce and building a digitally native
brand. The manager of data analytics will have a deep understanding
of paid acquisition and retention for digital brands. You will be
managing all of the customer and sales data to dig deeper and
extract actionable insights for the organization. What does the job
- Responsible for deep dives and producing actionable analytics
- Manage the day-to-day reporting of the core analytics
associated with performance marketing
- Design and build cross-functional dashboards and provide
data-driven recommendations to Design, Marketing, and Merchandising
- Own the analytics behind the customer journey and develop
actionable insights based on findings and learnings
- Manage Looker data warehouse and dashboards
- Collaborate directly with the CFO to bring analytical rigor to
- Compile reports on KPIs and builds analytical dashboards to use
to make recommendations to senior leadership on potential for
growth in paid social channels
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce and retail.
- Reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer What kind of
person are we looking for?
- Passion for e-commerce and digitally native brands.
- Go-getter - someone who goes hard after goals and doesn't
- Very curious about different ways to look at the data.
- Interested in building models and dashboards.
- An analytical mindset - You understand that testing every
assumption is vital to success, but measuring correctly and
interpreting the results is just as important.
- Good communication skills - You are able to effectively
communicate your performance, learnings, and ideas to people at
every level of the organization.
- Curiosity and willingness to try new things, work in a
fast-paced environment, and never settle for the status quo.
- Self-starter mentality - You can develop the strategy and
execute upon the strategy on your own with little guidance
- More practical skills needed:
- 5+ Years of experience doing analytics for an e-commerce or
- BA/BS or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced SQL skills
- Expertise in R and other common data science tools
- Experience with Looker, a plus. Monica + Andy is an equal
opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of
merit. Monica + Andy policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or
veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics (or those of a family member),
sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made
unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits
discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those
characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is
perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such
discrimination is unlawful.
Keywords: Monica + Andy, Chicago , Manager of Data Science and Analytics, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!