ULTRASONOGRAPHER-MDC DIAG CTR
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Under direction, and with the guidance of an American College of
Radiology Board Certified Radiologist, performs Ultrasound
procedures as requested by a physician. All procedures will be
performed in accordance with departmental policies and
procedures.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential
- Assists physicians with biopsy and other invasive procedures,
utilizing Ultrasound as guidance for needle placement and
maintaining sterile technique as appropriate.
- Organizes daily schedule ensuring patient throughput is
efficient with patients studies being performed in the
chronological order they were requested, with STAT examinations
taking precedence over all others.
- Performs a variety of complex specialized ultrasound exams in
the specialties of abdomen, ob/gyn, breast, vascular, and
neurosonography according to department protocol. Utilizes high
frequency soundwaves to differentiate normal from abnormal anatomy
in a timely manner, while still maintaining excellent exam
- Prepares a sonographer impression form for each study performed
to include a detailed patient history and diagnoses pertinent to
the particular exam executed and obtains stat preliminary results
on abnormal exams according to department protocol.
- Reviews and correlates patients exam orders with patients
current history and prior exam history to ensure that the
appropriate exam is being performed.
- Verifies correct transfer of images and exam information
through PACS and RIS for interpretation by the Radiologists , and
ensure correct charging.JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum
Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates standard knowledge of normal vs. abnormal
- Recognizes and diagnoses disease processes pertinent to exams
- Cognizant of critical findings and situations and how to
address them competently in conjunction with critical thinking
skills and good decision making.
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology
related to abdominal, ob/gyn, vascular, breast, and
- Ability to adapt scanning technique to enable performance of
exam requested at all levels of difficulty.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently displaying
confidence in diagnoses and images obtained.
- Ability to physically assist patients on and off the
- Ability to perform exams in the Ultrasound department as well
as in surgery and at the patient's bedside.
- Must be integrity, compassion, confidentiality, high
discretionary level, and professionalism.
- Self-motivation incorporated into a strong spirit of teamwork
is also required.EDUCATION
- Associates Allied Health Required EXPERIENCE
- 1 year Healthcare/Medical - Ultrasound Preferred CERTIFICATION
- ARDMS Certified: RDMS (AB) or (OB/GYN) or AART Certified:
- Vascular credentials of RVT(VT) or RT(VS) must be obtained
within 1 yearSTANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior
as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee
COMPLIANCEDemonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare
providers.DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Chicago , ULTRASONOGRAPHER-MDC DIAG CTR, Healthcare , Schererville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!