Registered Nurse - FT - OVERNIGHTS (SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL OFFERED)
Company: Park Place of St John
Location: Saint John
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description:Providence Life Services offers a full range of
services for families who need retirement living, assisted living,
rehab, skilled nursing, and more. Park Place of St John, Indiana is
seeking a full time RN for our 11pm-7:30am (overnight) shift to
join their clinical team in delivering quality care to its
residents in efforts to improve overall quality of life.This is an
excellent career opportunity for individuals who are truly
passionate about providing care for the elderly! Also, there's a
shift differential for 2nd & 3rd shifts.The Primary purpose of your
role is to provide nursing care according to physician's orders and
in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures,
established standards, and administrative policies. Maintaining
accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care.
Performs all functions in compliance with CDC, OSHA, JCAHO, State
and Federal Regulatory bodies. Communicates and interprets the
goals of care to the resident and family/caregiver.Summary of
essential job functionsResponsible to provide direct nursing care
to the clients and manage the day to day activities performed by
the Certified Nursing Assistants/Care Partners working as a
- Ensures that client needs are met within professional standards
of practice according to physician orders.
- Support and represent the mission of Providence as shown by
your actions while on duty.
- Administers medications and treatments according to physician
- Assists clients in meeting their goals through assessment and
monitoring of clients care needs and interaction with the
interdisciplinary team including the physician.
- Provides education and guidance to clients and their families
on disease process and management.
- Manage the C.N.A's in accordance with current rules,
regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures established by
- Document in nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive
manner that reflects the care provided for the resident, as well as
the resident's response to care. For skilled patients,
documentation is needed which addresses the reason for being a
skilled nursing patient.
- Identify the resident before administering any medication or
- Ensure adequate medical supplies are available to meet the
medical needs of the patients. Report the needs to the Director of
Nursing and/or Administrator.
- Provide direction and leadership to the C.N.A. staff.
- Receive and review nursing report at the beginning of the shift
and compile nursing report at the end of the shift.
- Asses the residents change in medical condition to the proper
authority at that time.
- Ensure the care given is in accordance with federal and state
regulations, as well as the resident's wishes.
- Monitor vital signs in accordance with the resident's treatment
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- The nursing license must be active and unencumbered in
accordance with the department and professional regulation.
- Must be CPR certified.
- BLS certification is strongly preferred.
- Must have a compassionate, empathetic and nurturing
Keywords: Park Place of St John, Chicago , Registered Nurse - FT - OVERNIGHTS (SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL OFFERED), Healthcare , Saint John, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!