New Grad Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Symphony South Shore
Posted on: May 16, 2022
*SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES!!****Hiring
Now!!****Now offering Daily Pay!!**PURPOSE:Under the supervision of
the Director of Nursing, the nurse is accountable for utilizing the
nursing process in planning, giving, directing, and evaluating care
- Education/Experience: We welcome new grads! - No experience
needed; Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a
current valid license as a nurse in Illinois.DUTIES:The duties of
the position may include, but are not limited to the following
- Continually assesses and document the resident's physical,
psychological, social, and spiritual needs.
- Develops and organizes a plan of care for each resident
utilizing all members of the health care team, standards of care,
state and federal regulations, and facility policies and
- Delivers resident care according to the plan of care.
- Evaluates outcomes on a daily basis to insure quality of
- Documents resident status, nursing interventions and outcomes
- Assists the physician in all areas regarding resident care
- Teaches, guides, and leads co-workers, residents and their
families utilizing his/her knowledge and evaluates the success of
such teaching in providing quality care. Utilizes Krames.
- Teach the guest Cardiac program and the Respiratory program as
- Is accountable for all nursing judgments and care rendered to
residents by self and staff members under supervision.
- Able to designate and assign tasks to co-workers based on
resident needs and facility policies.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment according to
facility rules and regulations.
- Actively participates in the in-service programs to upgrade
knowledge and quality of care.
- Strives to have an understanding of all new developments in
nursing concepts applying them to the resident situations.
- Supervises the CNA's ensuring they complete their job, sign in
and out for breaks, follow their job description.
- Assist the CNA's with transfers, answering call lights
- Administer all medications as ordered by the physician
following all pharmacologic policies of the facility.
- Inserts enteral feeding tubes per nasal route per policy.
- Administers all enteral formula feedings, calibrating safe rate
and time to be delivered, and correct operation of enteral feeding
- Performs the narcotics/controlled substances count with the
oncoming nurses and documents count in the narcotic notebook.
- Any time emergency drug box is used, fills out proper sheet and
notifies pharmacy. Documents on the medication sheet all aspects of
medication administration including sites, refusals, and side
- Passes medications within an hour of the scheduled time. If a
problem encountered meeting this time schedule, seeks assistance of
- Only RN's may insert an IV as per policy. Ensures IV is on a
pump, follows policy regarding hanging the IV, ABT's, changing
tubing, dressing etc.
- Keeps medication carts clean, orderly and stocked. Any expired
medication sent back to pharmacy, as well as refills and/or
pharmacy credited meds.
- Orders all meds as indicated.
- Assists with transcription of and obtaining orders from the
physician and checking Medication Administration sheets for
- Completes treatments as ordered.
- Checks the 24 hour board daily and documents as required.
- Assists with the following as able or as delegated by the unit
manager; care plans, summaries, and updating kardex,
- Ensures discharge sheet is completed when guest is discharged.
Gives guest discharge instructions and ensures guest
- Completes incident reports on all injuries or unusual
- Ensures dress code is followed.
- Upholds the Residents' Bill of Rights at all times.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships between team
member, residents, and families. Assists in the supervision and
discipline of nurses aides, promoting a team approach with a
positive attitude.SAFETY AND SANITATION
- Follows established fire safety policies and procedures
- Understand the disaster manual, where go kits are kept,
evacuation sites are, where triage would be set up, where main
water shut off valve is, where HVAC shut off switches are.
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks
and when using equipment and supplies
- Follows established safety precautions in the performance of
- Keeps excess supplies and equipment off the floor and stores in
- Maintains the cleanliness of the guest's room and equipment
- Wears and or uses safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gait
belt, non-slip shoes, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or
- Follows proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants,
and solutions used in the work area. Refer to material safety data
sheets (MSDSs) when necessary
- Follows established policies governing the use of labels and
- Reports all hazardous conditions or equipment to your
- Ensures that established infection control and universal
precautions practices are maintained when performing nursing
- When a guest is in isolation ensures policy is followed i.e. if
you touch anything in the room you must gown, glove (depending on
isolation mask). Ensures guest has isolation kit which includes B/P
cuff, stethoscope, disposable thermometer, gait belt, Glucometer if
guest is diabetic.
- Participates in an in-service training program prior to
performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body
fluids, or hazardous chemicals
- Uses appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies
when handling infectious materials
- Discards sharps in designated container
- Follows established hand washing procedures
- Disposes of refuse daily in accordance with our established
- Follows established policies governing the use/disposal of
personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious
- Follows procedures to prevent the spread of infection
- Performs other duties as assigned that may become
necessary/appropriate to assure that the assisted living is
maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary mannerEQUIPMENT AND SUPPLY
- Ensures that an adequate supply of nursing/linen supplies is
maintained in nursing/linen closets to meet the daily needs of our
- Keeps supervisor informed of supply needs
- Does not bring in equipment that has not been quality checked
i.e. own B/P machine.
- Keeps work area(s) free of hazardous conditions, i.e.,
- Reports all hazardous conditions or equipment to the Facility
- Reports all equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your
supervisor as soon as practical
- Assists others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as
directed or requested
- Cleans work/supply carts, equipment, etc. as
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the
end of the shift.SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTSMust meet the
educational/experience requirements of the positionMust be able to
read, write, speak and understand the English languageMust possess
the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such actionMust possess the ability to deal tactfully with
personnel, guests, families, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general publicMust maintain the care and
use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of
laundry areas, for sanitation, order and safetyMust be willing to
work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to
handle guests based on whatever level at which they are currently
functioningMust possess the ability to seek out new methods and
principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing
practicesMust be able to follow written and oral instructions
concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning
instructions, etc.Must be able to relate information concerning a
guest's conditionPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS (with or without
the aid of mechanical devices)
- Must be able to move frequently throughout the work day
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to cope with physical and emotional stress of the
- Must posses sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirement
of this position can be fully met
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility which include a medical and physical
- Must have the ability to work effectively with guests and
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
lbs. to a minimum height of 3ft. and be able to push, pull, move,
and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet.Specific
Physical Responsibilities include:Ability to perform at one
time:Sitting: Up to 2 hours in an 8 hour shiftStanding: Up to 7
hours in an 8 hour shiftWalking: Up to 7 hours in an 8 hour
shiftDriving: Not ApplicableAbility to perform in an 8 hour
shift:Sitting: Up to 4 hours in an 8 hour shiftStanding: Up to 7
hours in an 8 hour shiftWalking: Up to 7 hours in an 8 hour
shiftAbility to Lift:Up to 10 lbs: Continuously11 - 20 lbs:
Frequently21 - 25 lbs: Frequently26 - 50 lbs: Occasionally51 - 85
lbs: Occasionally85+: OccasionallyAbility to Carry:Up to 10 lbs:
Continuously11 - 20 lbs: Frequently21 - 25 lbs: Frequently26 - 50
lbs: Occasionally51 - 85 lbs: Occasionally for very short
distance85+: Not at this timeUse of hands, must be able to perform:
- Simple Grasping
- Fine Work
- Low Speed Assembly
- High Speed AssemblyUse of Feet, must be able to perform:
- Repetitive movement as in pushing/pulling with right leg
- Repetitive movement as in pushing/pulling with left leg
- Repetitive movement as in pushing/pulling with both legs at
same timeMust be able to perform the following:Bending:
FrequentlySquatting: FrequentlyCrawling: OccasionallyClimbing:
OccasionallyReaching: ContinuouslyKneeling: OccasionallyTwisting:
Keywords: Symphony South Shore, Chicago , New Grad Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!