Medical Assistant ENT Clinic
Company: Weiss Memorial Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout UsWeiss Memorial Hospital has been serving
Chicago's North Side and surrounding communities providing
excellent health care services for over 60 years. We are a 236-bed,
Joint Commission-accredited facility providing a full range of
health care services to meet the needs of our diverse community. We
have grown to better serve our community to include more than 450
doctors representing 42 medical specialties and more than 800
employees, all committed to providing you with personalized care.
We are looking for exceptional people who share our mission and
values to join our team!JOB SUMMARY (must be willing to travel to
multiple sites)Under direct supervision, coordinates all clinical
and clerical aspects of the medical practice.JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- Degree or certificate from accredited school or program for
medical assistants or related position
- Passed National Certification Examination preferred
- CPR certification
- One year clinical experience, including venipuncture, EKG, and
- Effective communication skillsJOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates the WMH Customer Service Values, which are key in
providing quality service to patients and customers.
- Provides age-appropriate patient care. Administers treatments
prescribed by physicians. Assists with procedures in the clinic.
Assists with patient's problems and refers to physician when
- Performs designated technical tasks and procedures in
accordance with written procedures and protocols, ie blood draws,
EKGs, respiratory, etc. Assesses acceptability of specimens, judges
appropriateness of test order, resolves specimen problems without
undue delay, prepares specimens for appropriate laboratory. Assures
optimum specimen integrity and positive identification throughout
the analytic stages of testing.
- Maintains the safety of all patients and staff. Demonstrates
proper use and maintenance of equipment. Participates in annual
CPR, safety and infection control reviews.
- Practices universal precautions in all patient care activities.
Disposes of hazardous waste according to procedures. Cleans and
sends instruments for sterilization.
- Greets patients, escorts patient to exam room, takes vital
signs, height and weight and makes notes in patient charts.
Prepares exam rooms, instruments, and patients for procedures and
- Assists administrative staff with clinical preparations and
scheduling. Checks in patients and answers phones when needed.
- Directs patient flow and communicates patient status to ensure
smooth operations. Ensures charges for patient's visits and
procedures are accurately documented and submitted in a timely
- Provides age-appropriate patient education and services per
- Stocks supplies and orders inventory, cleans rooms between
exams and maintains equipment.
- Documents selective data on appropriate forms.
- Participates in department maintenance, staff meetings and
activities. Participates in educational activities, which enhance
personal knowledge and skill level.Weiss Memorial Hospital provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Weiss Memorial Hospital, Chicago , Medical Assistant ENT Clinic, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!