IMCU Staff Nurse Nights (7p to 7a)
Company: Swedish Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
As an experienced practitioner, the Staff Nurse Level II is
accountable for providing high quality, individualized, goal
directed care for all levels of patients and their families in
accordance with the philosophy of the Division of Nursing.
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of Swedish Hospital,
exhibits a service orientation and adheres to all responsibilities
and standards of the hospital.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnosis, plan,
implement and evaluate the delivery of nursing care to patients and
2. Maintains competency reflective of current standards
3. Interacts and contributes to the professional development of
peers and colleagues.
4. Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of nursing
5. Integrates evidence-based practice and research findings into
6. Recognizes and adjusts to situations that vary from the
7. Promotes safety measures to prevent patient and staff
8. Guides and supervises staff in the provision of patient
9. Enhances own professional growth and development.
10. Maintains a safe therapeutic working environment and recognizes
need for action in emergency situations.
11. Documentation is thoroughly and timely completed
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Staff Nurses working in specialty areas possess a knowledge of
procedures specific to that patient population including age
specific needs. Level II nurses are encouraged and supported to
obtain specialty certification.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A Staff Nurse Level II requires at least one year of experience
as a staff nurse.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrates mastery of nursing skills.
- Communicates effectively and is able to guide and supervise
- Current Illinois Nursing licensure
- American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification and NIHSS
within 3 months of hire
PALS, NRP may be required within six months depending on the unit
- Committee membership and participation
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Patients and their families and significant others, Division of
Nursing Staff, Medical Staff, and other hospital personnel.
ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Computer system access for the Nursing Division is assigned based
on criteria and on the minimum necessary as described in this job
description. Approval for level of access is given by the system
administrator (for Nursing Division, this is Nursing Informatics)
or the department that has ownership of system/module.
- May be in an upright position and moving about most of the
- May lift heavy objects.
- Use of computer.
- Potential for exposure to chemicals, airborne diseases, blood
and bodily fluids.
- Risk of injury by violent patient.
EOE: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National Origin/Protected
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Keywords: Swedish Hospital, Chicago , IMCU Staff Nurse Nights (7p to 7a), Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!