Registered Nurse 1- 13W- Nights - Med Surg
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Registered Nurse 1- 13W- NightsRegistered Nurse 2 - 13 West
Tower - General Surgery
12 Hour- Night Shifts
Are you an experienced RN, passionate about bringing your expertise
to an acute General Surgical unit? If so, you might be the right
candidate for our RN position on 13 West Tower.
* This position is eligible for a $5,000 Sign on bonus!
* 13 West Tower is an acute general surgical/oncology /telemetry
* The surgical population is distributed among general surgery,
gynecology, otolaryngology and urology.
* 12 hour- Night shifts
* Supportive leadership and staff; preceptor orientation
* Staff nursing opportunities to participate in research, teaching
and other activities for professional development.
* Special attention to keeping staff abreast of the changing
technologies in the area of laparoscopic surgery
* These units require nurses to have acute assessment, critical
thinking and analytical skills-set and great teamwork skills.
* Educators and support resources are in place to empower top of
scope practice in all units!
Evidence Based Interventions - Participates in the collection of
data to support unit based quality, initiative, research and
evidence based activities.
Relationship and Caring - Establishes a caring, therapeutic
relationship with patients and families through effective
communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of
health and illness and mutual goal setting of optimal outcomes.
Critical Thinking - Utilizes competent assessment skills to
holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of the
patients and families.
Technical Expertise - Demonstrates consistent safe and effective
use of medical devices in the delivery of patient care.
Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff
and students on the unit.
Position Qualifications Include:
* Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (or higher) required.
* 1-2 years of acute care hospital nursing experience required.
* Current CPR-BLS required ( American Heart Association or American
Red Cross only)
* Previous experience working with surgical patients preferred.
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription
* 403B Savings plan with employer match
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance for Rush University or other accredited
colleges/universities, including a program for spouses and
* Family care discount programs for child, adult and elder care
* Nursing professional career growth ladder
* Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet facility,
the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also
one of the first organizations in the country to initiate and
empower a shared governance model- that still exists to support
influence from nursing for practice oversight.
* Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital with 664
* Ranked #19 in the nation with 9 specialties rated among the
countries best from US News & World Report, 2021-2022.
* Leader in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equity by the 2022 Healthcare Equity
* #2 ranking for quality patient care from Vizient in 2020.
* Leapfrog Group A' grading and named the Medical Center a Top
Teaching Hospital in December 2021.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Registered Nurse 1- 13W- Nights - Med Surg, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!