Clinical Nurse I - Emergency services-Stroger - ED - Emergency Department
Company: Cook County Sheriff
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Clinical Nurse I - Emergency services-StrogerMINIMUM
* Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of
* Two (2) years of Med/Surg nursing experience within the last
* Active Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or able
obtain one within two (2) weeks of starting. (must provide proof of
card at the time of interview if already obtained)
* Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or able obtain one
within two (2) weeks of starting. (must provide proof of card at
the time of interview if already obtained)
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or
* One (1) year of Emergency Department experience in the last 5
* Active Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
* Active Emergency Communications Registered Nurse (ECRN)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Knowledge of emergency procedures (i.e., fire/evacuation
internal/external disaster plans).
* Knowledge of emergency decontamination procedures
* Apply knowledge of standard operating policies and
* Apply principles of infection control and safety.
* Provide patient centered care taking into consideration the
* Make appropriate and timely decisions in a crisis or emergency
* Work and communicate effectively with a variety of individuals.
* Provide general direction, guidance and coordination of patient
care given by other levels of nursing staff.
* Safely operate equipment necessary for providing patient care in
assigned clinical areas.
* Perform and/or direct cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
* Bend, lift, push and pull to 35 pounds.
* Walk and stand for prolonged periods, up to eight to 12 hour's
* Use both legs, both hands, and required fingers for performance
of assigned duties.
* Demonstrates physical coordination.
* See normally with or without corrective lenses and be able to
distinguish basic colors and shades of colors.
* Hear normally with or without assistive device.
* Tolerate protracted or irregular hours of work.
* Tolerate exposure to unpleasant noise odors and extreme
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health &
Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged
Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States
for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by
answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
"Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of
Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have
multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the
latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the
military separation from either the Department of Transportation
(Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status.
Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which
identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached
to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR
APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
* Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of
those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada
must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation
service belonging to the National Association of Credential
Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International
Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must
be presented at time of interview.
* Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the
following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment
references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate
licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a
physical and pre-employment drug screen.
* CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or
knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County
employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Cook County Sheriff, Chicago , Clinical Nurse I - Emergency services-Stroger - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!