Oncology Nurse Navigator - OBGYN - Oncology
Company: The University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Oncology Nurse Navigator - OBGYNJob Description
Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine,
as a Oncology Nurse Navigator in the the OB/GYN Clinic.
Under the direction of a faculty sponsor and in collaboration with
the program support team, coordinates the care of patients through
the disease process. Acts as a clinical liaison for patients,
across medical services and clinical departments. Assesses
clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial, financial, and other
patient needs. Evaluates and manages patient symptoms before during
and after treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
* Acts as liaison for patients, families and their
multidisciplinary clinical team.
* Assesses clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial, financial,
and other patient needs.
* Facilitates resolution to patient needs and monitors follow
* Educates/reinforces education with patients and families on
disease, treatments, side effects, adverse reactions, and
reportable signs/symptoms based on multidisciplinary care plan.
* Coordinates discharge planning with the patient's family, social
workers, home nursing staff, oncologists, and personal
* Works with patients and family members to ensure discharge
instructions are understood and followed.
* Develops and/or coordinates development of patient education
materials, clinical pathways, and quality studies.
* Coordinates and/or participates in multidisciplinary
consultations and/or tumor conference.
* Documents recommendations made at multidisciplinary consultations
and/or tumor conferences.
* Registered Nurse with a current Illinois license.
* Graduate of a National League for Nursing accredited School of
Nursing with BSN.
* Minimum of two years hematology/oncology clinical nursing
experience with demonstrated clinical competence in patient care,
teaching and management of patients with a cancer diagnosis, and
knowledge about clinical aspects of oncology including protocol
therapy and data management.
* Must have general computer skills and be adaptable to changing
working situations and work assignments.
* Excellent interpersonal skills required, with specific ability to
communicate effectively with patients, family members, and
* Oncology Certified Nurse preferred.
* Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy Provider preferred.
* Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
* Shift: Days- 8 hours
* Unit/Department: OB/GYN
* CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a
condition of employment. If you have already received the
vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment
process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu
Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions
will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a
pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are
also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and
with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving;
from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the
Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be
a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Oncology Nurse Navigator - OBGYN - Oncology, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!