Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapist, Part-time or Full-Time - Occupational Therapist
Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapist, Part-time or Full-Time
(50348-1385)The Occupational Therapist will select appropriate
evaluation procedures and directs patient's participation in
selected tasks to restore or maximize independence in daily living
skills. Facilitates learning of skills and functions essential for
adaptation and productivity. Participates in department's clinical
The Occupational Therapist will consistently demonstrate support of
the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core
Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts
and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families,
fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or
in the interest of the institute.
The Occupational Therapist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability,
Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer
Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery,
Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job
* Delivery of evidenced based interventions for the arm post
orthopedic or neurologic injury, burns
* Administered Upper Extremity (UE) assessments including: Range of
Motion, Grip and Pinch strength assessment, Disabilities of the Arm
Shoulder & Hand (DASH), 9- hole Peg Test, Box and Blocks Assessment
* Develop Plan of care based on evidence based interventions
including: Custom orthotic fabrication - splinting, Development of
Home Exercise Programs, Functional occupation based
* Evaluates, assesses, and plans treatment including orienting
patient and significant others to the purposes and processes of OT
evaluation and treatment.
* Evaluates patient impairments, disability and handicap
appropriate to patient diagnosis, life roles, age development,
functional status, and medical condition.
* Facilitates patient participation in the therapy process and
collaborates with others advocating for patients and family to
achieve desirable outcomes.
* Identifies areas in which abilities and impairments affect
function in order to establish goals in conjunction with the
patient, family, and other team members.
* Implements patient treatment plans utilizing occupational therapy
treatment approaches, which includes selecting activities to
achieve desired outcomes, transferring and positioning patients,
and modifying treatment when necessary.
* Participates in patient care conferences to coordinate treatment,
educating patient and family.
* Documents patient care activities following department protocols
utilizing RICIS and appropriate manual report forms.
* May supervise affiliated OT students.
* May teach in Department and Education and Training courses.
* Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
* Reports directly to the Therapy Manager, Ability Lab, Therapy
Manager, Innovation Center, or Clinical Manager
* Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or
* Some exposure to infectious diseases when working with
* May include exposure to community, home, work, school and
off-site clinic settings.
* Includes Saturday and Sunday rotation work.
* Work requires the level of knowledge normally acquired by
completing a Master's program in Occupational Therapy from an
accredited college or university.
* Current Illinois License to practice as an Occupational
* Current CPR certification required.
* Able to develop professional skills by completing development
plans, participating in continuing education and in-service
offerings, using written resources to keep current with
* Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child,
adolescent and geriatric patients.
* Ability to interpret growth and development related information
to assure patient needs are met.
* Analytical ability to gather and interpret data from patient's
charts and to recommend solutions for treatment related
* Interpersonal skills are needed to communicate with other health
care professionals and establish therapeutic relationships with
patients and families.
* Ability to transfer and position patients.
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine
and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe,
complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our
life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work in a truly inclusive
environment where diversity and equity are championed through words
and actions. You'll contribute to an innovative culture that is
second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and
compassion. You'll play a role in something that's never been done
before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients
achieve better, faster outcomes - as we Advance Human Ability,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago , Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapist, Part-time or Full-Time - Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!