Registered Nurse 2 - Brain Innovation Center (Stroke), Full time, PMs (50278) - Stroke
Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Registered Nurse 2 - Brain Innovation Center (Stroke), Full
time, PMs (50278)The Registered Nurse is responsible for performing
individualized and age-specific nursing assessment of assigned
patients using advanced assessment skills and other medical data to
formulate nursing diagnoses. Develops individualized care plans and
provides and coordinates comprehensive nursing care. Instructs
patients and significant others in care provided, disease and/or
illness, expected outcomes and home care.
The Registered Nurse consistently demonstrates support of the
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Mission and Philosophy by
striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and
showing respect and compassion for patients and their families,
fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or
in the interest of the institute.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core
Attributes: Communication, Accountability,
Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer
Service and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Values (Hope, Compassion,
Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while
fulfilling job duties.
The Registered Nurse will:
* Provide professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being
of patients, which includes performing specialized treatments,
administering prescribed medications, and coordinating patient care
with other departments.
* Collect pertinent physiological, psychosocial, and functional
data to formulate nursing diagnosis using evidence-based techniques
* Assist physician during examinations and treatments.
* Formulate nursing diagnoses by interpreting data from health team
members and integrate into written assessments.
* Assess patients, identify changes in status, establish priorities
for patient care, and identify crisis situations when needed.
* Implement interventions consistent with the established plan of
care and interdisciplinary treatment plan, evaluate progress toward
goal attainment, and modify the plan of care as indicated.
* Provide information to patient and significant others regarding
care during hospitalization, expected outcomes, home care
instructions, and referrals to appropriate health agencies and
* Prepare and provide reports on patient care plans to health team
members, which includes completing assignment sheets, providing
explanation of patient care plans, and completing
* Collect and report pertinent physiological, psychological, and
functional data based on patient plan of care or patient need.
* Review, evaluate and make recommendations regarding Shirley Ryan
AbilityLab policies and procedures related to patient care to
ensure comprehensive patient care.
* Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Professional knowledge of practice acquired by obtaining a
Bachelor/Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited program or
accredited Associate Degree in Nursing (with commitment to complete
BSN/MSN within 2 years).
* Illinois license to practice as a registered nurse.
* CPR certification.
* Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child,
adolescent, young adult, middle-aged adult and geriatric
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret growth and development
related information to assure patient needs are met.
* Ability to communicate effectively using timely verbal,
non-verbal and written communication.
* Ability to take ownership for serving the customer, team and
organization, for achieving goals and for resolving problems.
* Willingness to adapt to changing work demands and work
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to make sound
judgments to monitor and respond to patient needs or changes in
* Ability to anticipate, assess and address the needs of
* Ability to transfer and position patients, consistent with
lifting up to 35 lbs.
Reports directly to the Nurse Manager.
* Normal patient care environment with little or no exposure to
dust or extreme temperature.
* Exposure to moderately adverse working conditions in performing
certain patient care activities.
* Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine
and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe,
complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our
life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work in a truly inclusive
environment where diversity and equity are championed through words
and actions. You'll contribute to an innovative culture that is
second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and
compassion. You'll play a role in something that's never been done
before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients
achieve better, faster outcomes - as we Advance Human Ability,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago , Registered Nurse 2 - Brain Innovation Center (Stroke), Full time, PMs (50278) - Stroke, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!