REGISTERED NURSE II - Chicago, IL - Med Surg
Company: Illinois Department of Human Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
REGISTERED NURSE II - Chicago, ILAgency:----Department of Human
Opening Date:-- 01/23/2023
Closing Date/Time: 02/03/2023--
Salary:-- --Anticipated Salary: $5,927 - $8,059 per month --
Job Type: ----Salaried Full Time --
County:-- --Cook --
Number of Vacancies: ----1 --
Plan/BU: ----RC023 --
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the
relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to
the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST
apply electronically through the website. State of Illinois
employees should click the link near the top left to apply through
the employee career portal.
While not required,--a Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) is recommended.
When applicable, titles that require specific coursework,
professional license or certification will include a notation
requesting the appropriate document(s) be uploaded in the
Additional Documents section of your--application. Failure to
upload requested transcripts, license and/or proof of certification
when specified may result in eligibility. Please note that the
Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education
for any degree earned (if applicable) regardless of vacancy title
before any offer can be extended.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax,
hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number: 10-79-22470
Position Overview The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire
an independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented Licensed
Registered Nurse for the Chicago-Read Mental Health Center located
in Chicago, Illinois. This position will be responsible for
performing direct nursing care for people with mental illness on an
assigned shift. The successful candidate shall demonstrate a valid
Illinois License and good oral and written communication skills, be
a self-starter, and be able to carry out nursing assignments
pursuant to the direction of medical personnel.
- Utilizing the nursing process, assesses, plans, implements and
evaluates the delivery of nursing care for patients receiving
health care services on an assigned shift. --
- Serves as designated lead worker to lower level staff.
- Provides report to staff and to oncoming lead worker to ensure
continuity of care.
- Participates in meetings and discussions with clinical,
medical, administrative and other staff.
- Monitors the use of appropriate techniques to ensure a safe,
secure therapeutic and sanitary environment of care and general
performance of duties.
- Completes mandatory training requirements and participates in
continuing education workshops and seminars to maintain age and
disability specific professional competency through observation and
Attends ongoing education programs mandatory and optional
Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably
within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Requires (a) graduation from an approved nursing education program
resulting in an associate or diploma degree in nursing and two
years of progressively responsible professional nursing experience;
OR (b) a bachelor's degree in nursing and one year of professional
nursing experience; OR (c) a master's degree in nursing.
Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of
Conditions of Employment
- Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends,
and holidays on a rotation basis.
- Requires the ability to serve on an on-call basis.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires ability to acquire and maintain Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Requires ability to travel.
- Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
- Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited
from recreational use under Illinois Law.
- Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related
policies and guidance.
Work Hours:----3:00pm - 11:00pm, Rotating days off with every other
Work Location:--4200 N Oak Park Ave Chicago, IL 60634-1417----
Division of Mental Health
Chicago-Read Mental Health Center
Job Family:----Health Services; Social Services----
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need
across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to
social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the
lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of
Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit
package that includes the following:
- A Pension Program
- Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life,
Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
- 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to
- 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year
one of employment)
* Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work
Schedules (as applicable)
- 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
- Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon
- 10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement
- Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan
(MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan
Forgiveness Program eligibility
- 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
- Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this
Use the "Apply" button at the top right or bottom right of this
posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of
Illinois employees - a link is available at the top left of the--
homepage in the blue ribbon.--
Non-State employees should log in on the using the "View Profile"
link in the top right of the-- homepage in the blue ribbon.-- If
you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following
State employees: Log in to the for State employees and review
Non-State employees: on --- click "Application Procedures" in the
footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check
your "junk mail", "spam", or "other" folder for communication(s)
regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from
the following addresses:
Keywords: Illinois Department of Human Services, Chicago , REGISTERED NURSE II - Chicago, IL - Med Surg, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!