Registered Nurse 2 - Interventional Radiology, FT - Interventional Radiology
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse 2 - Interventional Radiology, FTRN II -
Interventional Radiology Department
Full-Time, 1st shift
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus! (external applicants)
* The RN 2 is a competent nurse who has mastered technical skills,
identifies patterns of patient responses, and can use past
experiences to implement solutions for current situations.
* The RN 2 continues to consult with other members of the health
care team when the need for assistance is identified.
* Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in
accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
* Participates in the collection of data to support unit based
quality initiatives, research and evidence based activities.
* Utilizes system wide resources to support decision making and
* Recognizes patterns/groupings of problems in a specific patient
population that require investigation and initiates actions to
* Communicates current evidence-based information with peers.
* Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and
families through effective communication, acknowledgement of
patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal
setting for optimal outcomes.
* Collaborates consistently and effectively with other disciplines
and services to meet the needs of patients/families.
* Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the
physical and psychosocial needs of patients and families.
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize care for complex patients
based on knowledge acquired from previous clinical experiences.
* Recognizes changes in patient status and consistently responds
* Demonstrates consistent safe and effective use of medical devices
in the delivery of patient care.
* Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to
safe and effective administration of medications.
* Assesses patient safety needs consistently and implements
appropriate strategies (fall precautions, infection control,
suicide risk patient identification) to minimize risk.
* Individualizes teaching plans based on a thorough assessment to
meet the learning needs of patients and families.
* Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and
students on the unit.
* Delegates effectively and consistently to optimize patient
* Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice,
including progress toward achievement of annual goals.
Position Qualifications Include:
* Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure
* Consistent proficient performance in RN Critical Care position or
* Earned nursing degree at the baccalaureate level or higher
* Analytical ability is required.
* Communication skills are required in order to lead and teach.
* Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult
* Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center
and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
* Work requires lifting or carrying objects 35-40lbs. and lifting
and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
* The ability to check documents for errors, use a keyboard to
enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or
reports is required.
* Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness
could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially
infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
* Rush was recently ranked first for Quality and Accountability
among 102 leading academic medical centers in the US in a study
conducted by the health care services company Vizient.
* Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country,
Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance
your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving
* Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living
benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain
and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of
age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship
status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Registered Nurse 2 - Interventional Radiology, FT - Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!