Clinical Nurse Educator, Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care- Registry - Educator
Company: The University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Clinical Nurse Educator, Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care-
Join UChicago Medicine, as a Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care
Nurse- Registry at our Hyde Park Campus.
A Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care Nurse is a nurse that serves as
a clinical resource for patients of all ages and populations with
acute and chronic wounds (e.g., pressure ulcers, arterial ulcers,
surgical wounds), other integumentary disruptions (e.g., Graft
versus Host Disease, Moisture Associated Skin Damage), ostomy and
continence needs. Professional responsibilities are carried out
through direct patient care, clinical assessment and
recommendations for treatment/diagnostics, education and quality
Essential Job Functions
* Provides consultation of the patient with impaired skin integrity
(problem as identified by consult request) to develop
individualized plan of care and attain expected outcomes.
* During consults, uses the opportunity to educate staff and family
* Provides guidance to staff in implementing protocols to identify,
control or eliminate etiologic factors for skin breakdown,
including selection of appropriate support surfaces.
* Provides appropriate education to patients, caregivers and staff
regarding Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care
* Participates in developing and implementing procedures and
protocols, based on current evidence including national guidelines,
to deliver care to the patientsAssists the nursing staff in
maintaining current knowledge and competence in wound/skin care
* Participates and collaborates with nursing leadership in quality
improvement and evidence-based practice projects/activities as
* Engages in professional development activities.
* Maintains and submits required activity logs to the
* BSN required; Master of Science in Nursing preferred
* Minimum three years of nursing practice
* Wound care experience
* Demonstrated complex decision-making skills and problem solving
* Demonstrated leadership skills evidenced by serving as a charge
nurse, preceptor or manager preferred.
* Previous experience working within multidisciplinary teams or
nursing leadership committees preferred.
* Certification as Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN)
* Job Type/FTE: 0.1- registry
* Shift: Day, 7am-5pm
* CBA Code: Non-Union
* Location: Hyde Park in Chicago, IL
* No Visa Sponsorship Available
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a
condition of employment. If you have already received the
vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment
process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu
Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions
will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a
pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are
also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and
with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving;
from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the
Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be
a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Clinical Nurse Educator, Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care- Registry - Educator, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!