Registered Nurse, Harvey Oncology - Full Time Days - Chicago, IL - Surgical Technologist
Company: UChicago Medicine Mitchell Hospital (AKA Bernard A
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse, Harvey Oncology - Full Time Days - Chicago,
Join UChicago Medicine Care Network, as a Registered Nurse in the
Harvey Oncology Clinic at Ingalls Memorial. In this role, you will
partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the
highest quality of care.----A Registered Nurse is responsible for
providing professional nursing care for patients including
assessment, treatment, care planning, and medical care evaluation
by following established standards and practices.-- Assists
physicians and staff in coordinating patient care.-- Functions as
primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians. This
position will be located in a community-based physician
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient
confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information
on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and
assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on practice
guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response.
- Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act. Refers
to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community
resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates
patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and
management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care
processes and outcomes. Tracks quality assurance data and monitors
for acute and chronic care management.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent
information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties assigned.--Job Qualifications:
Must have experience working in a
community health setting.A--Bachelor's degree in Nursing is
preferred.Must be an actively licensed Registered Nurse in the
state of Illinois.Must have a minimum of one year experience as a
Registered Nurse preferred.Position Details
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: First Shift - 8 hour shift (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Unit/Department: Oncology
- CBA Code: Non-UnionMust comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination
requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already
received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the
pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with
the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious
exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law.
Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background
check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: UChicago Medicine Mitchell Hospital (AKA Bernard A, Chicago , Registered Nurse, Harvey Oncology - Full Time Days - Chicago, IL - Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!