RN1, Neurosciences IMCU (nights) - $5K Sign on Bonus! - Neurology
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RN1, Neurosciences IMCU (nights) - $5K Sign on Bonus!Registered
Nurse 1 - 12 West Tower - Neuro IMCU
Are you a RN passionate about bringing your expertise to an
established unit? If so, the Neuro lMC Unit is the right place for
you. New grads are welcome to apply!
We're offering a $5,000 Sign-on bonus!
Nights - 12 hour shifts
* The Neurosciences/ Intermediate Care Unit is a comprehensive
center 32 bed unit
* Combined with 3 sub-units: IMCU, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU),
and floor which includes stroke, general neurology, movement
disorders, and neurosurgery
* 8-beds hardwired, dedicated to seizure monitoring- EMU
* Supportive leadership and staff; preceptor orientation
* Staff nursing opportunities to participate in research, teaching
and other activities for professional development.
* Provides care for a wide variety of neurosciences, stroke, and
* Unit cares primarily for adult neurology patients and offers
seizure monitoring for adults
* Valuable post-ictal exams performed to ascertain focus of disease
* Unit equipped with 32 cardiac telemetry beds ; equipped with
hard-wired technology to provide continuous pulse oximetry, blood
pressure measurement and EKG
* Unit equipped with 6 beds dedicated for Intermediate Care.
* Evidence Based Interventions - Participates in the collection of
data to support unit based quality, initiatives, research and
evidence based activities.
* Relationship and Caring - Establishes a caring, therapeutic
relationship with patients and families through effective
communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of
health and illness and mutual goal setting of optimal outcomes.
* Critical Thinking - Utilizes competent assessment skills to
holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of the
patients and families.
* Current Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure or eligible for IL RN
* Bachelors of Science (or higher) in Nursing required;
* 1-2 years of acute care hospital nursing experience
* Current CPR-BLS required ( American Heart Association or American
Red Cross only)
* The ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be
standing or walking most of the designated shift required.
* The ability to lift or carry objects 35-40lbs. and supporting and
positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
* Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet facility,
the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also
one of the first organizations in the country to initiate and
empower a shared governance model- that still exists to support
influence from nursing for practice oversight.
* Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital with 664
* Ranked #19 in the nation with 9 specialties rated among the
countries best from US News & World Report, 2021-2022.
* Leader in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equity by the 2022 Healthcare Equity
* #2 ranking for quality patient care from Vizient in 2020.
* Leapfrog Group A' grading and named the Medical Center a Top
Teaching Hospital in December 2021.
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription
* 403B Savings plan with employer match
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance for Rush University or other accredited
colleges/universities, including a program for spouses and
* Family care discount programs for child, adult and elder care
* Nursing professional career growth ladder
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , RN1, Neurosciences IMCU (nights) - $5K Sign on Bonus! - Neurology, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!