Family Connects / Home Visiting Nurse
Company: Sinai Chicago
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Family Connects Home Visiting Nurse provides home visiting to
all families with newborns. The goal is to support and assess
family needs in 12 domains of physical and psychosocial well-being
and facilitate referrals and connections to community agencies to
support families in these areas. The Home Visiting Nurse will work
in a team environment of clinical and non-clinical staff in order
to schedule, visit, and support families in the community using the
evidence-based Family Connects home visiting protocol. -Ability to
communicate effectively with others is essential. -Experience in
maternal/child health, home visiting, lactation education, and
fluency in Spanish (preferred). Essential Job Functions:
- Sinai Chicago/Family Connects home-visiting protocol. Keep
records of client observations and activities as required. Document
information for family assessments and program evaluation. Record
information in real time via in home use of computerized record
- The Sinai Chicago/Family Connects scheduling protocol. Visit
target area hospitals as needed to schedule home visits for new
- Provide a health and physical assessment of mother and baby in
the home to determine well-being.
- Assess -family needs in 12 domains of physical and psychosocial
well-being, including depression, substance abuse, and domestic
violence. Exercise clinical skills in appraising situations and
- Establish a trusting relationship with families during in-home
visits and engage the family to establish a family support plan
with goals, objectives, and activities that address family
strengths and needs. -
- Work with team to ensure -appropriate referrals and connections
to community resources as needed. Work in a team to assist parents
in making and attending appointments for doctors, social service
agencies, etc. Act as a liaison between families and other
community agencies, serving as family advocate as required.
- Apply working knowledge of parent-child interaction,
child-maternal health, child development, and child abuse/neglect
to help families improve parenting skills, increase parenting
supports, reduce stress, and address needs of parents; assist in
creating a health plan for entire family. -
- Respond to client needs through flexible scheduling of home
visits, including occasional home visits during evening or weekend
- Apply effective time-management skills, organization, and
multitasking skills. Documentation is expected to be done and
letters sent out within 48 working hours of the visit.
- Work cooperatively as an active member of the Sinai
Chicago/Family Connects team by attending weekly team meetings,
clinical supervision, staff meetings, and other meetings as
required. Support and encourage development of other staff and of
the Sinai Chicago/Family Connects Program. Minimum
- B.S. degree in nursing with current RN license, or B.A. degree
in another field with current RN license, or A.S. degree in nursing
with state-level RN, and at least one year of relevant nursing
- Must have and maintain current -or compact licensure in the
state of Illinois.
- Must maintain current BLS certification.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an automobile for use in
making home visits.
- Ability to work in a team with clinical and non-clinical
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds.
- Ability to work with nurse supervisor to implement a practice
improvement and clinical development plans.
- Ability to work on weekends, (flexible schedule) -
- Proficient and comfortable using laptops as part of in-home
assessment and intervention.
- Preferred skills include (a) Spanish language preferred -(b)
one or more years of experience in child/maternal health.
*Non-Union / Grant funded Position* Benefits/Perks:
- Self-Scheduling: 12-Hour Shifts - Days, Evenings or Nights
- Institutions: Teaching Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center (MSH),
Level 2 Trauma Center (HCH)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Long
Term Care Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance,
- 403(b) match
- Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and voluntary
benefits at group rates
- Train Shuttle
- Legal Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Discounts
PandoLogic. Keywords: Home Care Nurse, Location: Thornton, IL -
60476 , PL: 557883228
Keywords: Sinai Chicago, Chicago , Family Connects / Home Visiting Nurse, Healthcare , Thornton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...