Physical Therapist Acute Care Rehab - Part-Time - Benefit Eligible!
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
OFFERING A $2500 SIGN-ON BONUS PAYABLE UPON HIRE Major
Responsibilities:Provision of Patient Care:
- Administers daily treatment ensuring that the treatment plan is
age-appropriate and adjusted as necessary in order to meet the
changing needs of the patient.
- Successfully completes all competency assessments pertaining to
provision of patient care.
- Provides special services such as casting, splinting,
ergonomics, manual therapy, women's health issues, etc.
- Communicates with team members, other professionals, family
members and caregivers for the purpose of sharing information that
will assist in achieving optimum care for the patient.
- Establishes effective rapport with patients of all ages
depending on assignment.
- Plans appropriate treatment programs for patients of all ages
(depending on area of assignment) based on physician referral,
evaluation results, patient/family goals and interests, sound
clinical judgment and other pertinent available information.
- Responsible for maintaining a productive schedule with an
average of 6.0 out of 8.0 hours per day scheduled for direct
- Informs coordinator of openings and/or cancellations in their
- Selects appropriate adaptive equipment for patients and
provides appropriate instruction in the maintenance and use of such
- Maintains responsibility for patient plan of care and provides
direction and recommendations regarding treatment and goals
implemented by assistive personnel.
- Provides education to the patient and family or significant
others based on patient needs. Identifies and addresses learning
readiness, preferences and learning barriers.
- Required to participate in community education programs and
- With other team members recognizes the need for termination of
treatment and effectively plans discharge which may include
establishing home treatment plans, arranging for equipment or
- Selects appropriate assessment procedures to assess the
abilities and limitations of patients of all ages depending on area
- Administers, analyzes, and interprets initial assessments which
determine the patient's status in the following areas of function:
locomotion, strength, endurance, cardiopulmonary function, balance,
coordination, joint mobility, flexibility, pain, job related tasks,
wound status and functional mobility skills, play
- Establishes short and long terms goals which are functional and
- Completes all pertinent assessment competencies.Documentation:
- Completes all documentation according to departmental
- Performs other duties such as completing billing sheets for all
services rendered on the day delivered, maintaining a clean work
environment, and serving on departmental committees and in program
development efforts as appropriate.
- Promotes patient safety by reporting issues through established
channels and participating in safety initiatives as requested.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement
- Follows appropriate safety and infection control measures
pertaining to patient care, equipment and the general working
- Promptly reports any problems to their manager, and follows
appropriate Advocate Condell policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in departmental meetings, committees,
in-services and continuing education programs.
- Delegates patients to assistive personnel with direction and
ongoing supervision while remaining responsible for the patient's
treatment program and goals.
- Supervises physical therapy interns at the request of the
supervisor after completing one year of clinical experience.
- Complies with organizational and departmental patient
satisfaction initiatives. Routinely meets the needs and
expectations of patients and their families.
- Upholds all policies and procedures of Advocate Condell Medical
- Eligible for licensure to practice in Illinois
- CPR Certification AHA
- BLS within 30 days of hireEducation/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy or above from an
- Maintains continuing education requirements as mandated by
professional standardsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent in a variety of diagnostic and treatment
- Recognizes needs and behaviors of specific age groups of
patients treatedPhysical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening
- Direct contact with body fluids.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and transferring patients.
- Ability to lift very heavy weight requirements according to
Department of Labor definitions.
- Ability to assist, escort, transfer, and respond to patient
needs for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement
effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without
assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is
unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is
expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when
available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be
assessed on a case-by-case basis. This job description indicates
the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Chicago , Physical Therapist Acute Care Rehab - Part-Time - Benefit Eligible!, Healthcare , Libertyville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...