RN, Staff - Med Surg
Company: Dupage Medical Group
Location: Olympia Fields
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Good enough isn't for us. Duly Health and Care's team members show up every day driven to exceed expectations. We challenge assumptions and invite dissent to accomplish bold goals and unleash the most extraordinary work of your career. We see and support the remarkable in every person within and beyond the walls of our work.
Duly Health and Care works to understand what matters most to you. We recruit and retain team members who share a relentless passion and pride for helping others live happier and healthier lives. We invest in helping our team members develop their talents in a way that is rich in personal meaning. We invite you to join us, fulfill your purpose and make your mark!
Are you ready to challenge the expected to deliver the extraordinary?
Under general supervision, provides high quality support to physicians in meeting the medical needs of the patient.
The Journeys and Adventures that Await
* Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for physicians; takes vital signs, records medical history/symptoms, ensures medical chart/lab test results are available and complete.
* Performs telephone triage, patient education, handling of physician phone calls, pharmacy calls; may assist by calling to set up appointments or arrange hospital tests or admissions.
* Administers immunizations and minor treatments as prescribed; records and documents all such activities in the chart.
* Assists physician with procedures as necessary.
* Cleans and stocks all patient examination rooms; cleans and prepares instruments for procedures; keeps list of needed medical supplies.
* Completes paperwork such as ordering lab tests, x-rays, school/work notes, etc.
* Clean and sterilize equipment; check and restock medication cabinet as necessary.
* Respond to patient questions and concerns as liaison between physician and patient.
* Reports all test results to the patient as directed by the physician.
* Performs OSHA controls as required. Assist in performing narcotic count.
* Performs other projects and duties as related to department objectives.
* Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to accept constructive criticism from your supervisor and be able to follow work rules.
* Utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care while focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying service excellence, care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a member of a health care team, functions in the role of patient advocate by being in the position of initial contact for patient-related issues.
* Additional duties as assigned.
The Experiences You Bring
* Current IL RN licensure
* Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
* Current CPR certification
* Prefer a minimum of one year of professional nursing experience in a clinical or hospital setting but may consider new grad under specific circumstances
Keywords: Dupage Medical Group, Chicago , RN, Staff - Med Surg, Healthcare , Olympia Fields, Illinois
here to apply!