Physician Assistant I - Neurology Medicine - Neurology
Company: Cook County Sheriff
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Physician Assistant I - Neurology MedicineMINIMUM
* Successful completion of a Physician Assistant Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or proof of completion of ARC-PA program two (2) weeks prior to starting employment
* Current valid state of Illinois Physician Assistant License OR temporary license as a Physician Assistant from the State of Illinois, or eligibility to obtain license two (2) weeks prior to starting employment
* Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) or ability to obtain license within six (6) months of starting employment
* Valid licensure with the Federal DEA or ability to obtain license within six (6) months of starting employment
* Must possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Clinical experience with a focused neurology rotation during electives or previous job experience within the field of Neurology
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Knowledge of proper hand hygiene and hand washing techniques
* Knowledge of infectious control policies and procedures
* Thorough knowledge of Physician Assistant practices and principles that apply them in a clinical setting
* Self-directed proficiency with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint Access, Excel and other data analysis tools and methodologies required for data gathering, analysis and presentation
* Excellent Physician Assistant clinical and technical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
* Strong evidence-based analytical approach to problem solving
* Strong customer service and empathy skills
* Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
* Demonstrates good phone and email etiquette skills and strong response times
* Demonstrates analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills
* Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and precision
* Ability to effectively communicate while maintaining HIPAA for PHI
* Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
* Ability to function autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Ability to see and hear clearly (including with correction)
* Ability to tolerate exposure to unpleasant noise, odor and temperature
* Ability to take initiative, work with or without direct supervision
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Deferred Compensation Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
* Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.*
* Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date.*
* Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
* CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Physician Assistant I - Neurology MedicineMINIMUM
Keywords: Cook County Sheriff, Chicago , Physician Assistant I - Neurology Medicine - Neurology, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
here to apply!