Medical Assistant (Bilingual) (17928) - Medical Assistant
Company: Howard Brown Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Medical Assistant (Bilingual) (17928)* Mission: Rooted in LGBTQ+
liberation, Howard Brown Health provides affirming healthcare and
mobilizes for social justice. We are agents of change for
individual wellbeing and community empowerment.
* Vision: Howard Brown Health envisions a future where healthcare
and transformative social policies actualize human rights and
equity for all.
* Community-based health clinics in some of Chicago's most
* The largest LGBTQ health provider in the Midwest
* Latinx inclusive community based on respect, equal opportunity,
and appreciation of diversity to provide the culturally competent
support and services within Howard Brown Health.
What is in it for you:
Position Title / Base Pay
* MA I - $21.55/hr
* MA II - $23.95/hr
* MA III - $25.56/hr
(These hourly rates are for bilingual speakers [English/Spanish]
upon passing a language assessment).
Es un requisito indispensable que toda persona que aplique para
Asistente M--dico biling--e hable espa--ol con fluidez.
* A commitment to work-life balance with:
* 3-weeks paid vacation and 1-week of personal time
* 12 accrued sick days per year
* 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
* PTO Exchange allows employees to turn unused PTO into liquid
* Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision insurance with two PPO
plans and an HMO plan.
* BCBS HMO, PPO and PPO Select Plans
* HMO premium = $27/month
* BCBS Dental premium = $7.50/month
* EyeMed Vision premium = $3.26/month
* 401k program with up to 5% employer match after 90 days.
* Employer-paid basic life insurance valued at one times the annual
* Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-term and Long-term
* Up to $720 pre-tax commuter and parking benefit account
* Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs; NHSC
* Employee Assistance Program with 5 employer-paid counseling
* 50% off at Brown Elephant Resale Shops and discounts at local
What you can expect:
Under the supervision and direction of the primary care Providers
and Staff Nurses, provides direct patient care and clerical
How you will make an impact:
* Carry out policies and procedures developed to maintain infection
control and safety.
* Perform duties according to approved policies and procedures
relating to OSHA and Standard Precautions.
* Perform routine clinical functions to include but not be limited
to: vital signs, weight, blood pressure, urine sugar/protein dips,
* Multiple site assignments as needed.
* Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the
Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all
Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
* Record data collected in appropriate EMR system.
* Report patient observations to the responsible provider or staff
* Perform lab procedures as assigned, collects, labels, and
processes all specimens including urine, stool, sputum, and blood
* Provide patient with appropriate requisition, information and
instruction for ancillary tests and procedures ordered by
* Stock inventory and ensure cleanliness of examination rooms,
equipment, and work area.
* Report medical and office supply inventory needs to
* Prepare specimens for shipment to external lab ensuring that
specimens are ready and picked up by courier in accordance with
designated courier schedule.
* Check spiceworks voicemail and route phone messages to providers
* Ensure that specimens are processed in accordance with
established Howard Brown research protocol.
* Participate in quality assurance process via data collection,
evaluation of results, and implementation of recommendations.
* Participate in research project participant recruitment as
* Perform data entry into Centricity as needed (i.e. referrals,
* Performs medical reception functions.
What you will bring to Howard Brown Health
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
* Minimum of high school diploma or GED certificate
* Required - Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with 2-3 years of experience in
a medical setting that includes demonstrated Phlebotomy
* Certification in Basic Life Support (American Heart
* Bilingual (English/Spanish)- All offers contingent upon
successful passing of a language assessment
* Ability to pass the ALTA test. (Spanish Test)
* Previous experience in a health care setting dealing with
HIV/AIDS clients and written or communication skills in English and
* Displays initiative in the work setting
* Must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication
Keywords: Howard Brown Health, Chicago , Medical Assistant (Bilingual) (17928) - Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!