Ambulatory RN 2 - MFM/OB-GYN (4 - Ten Hour Days!) - OB/GYN
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Ambulatory RN 2 - MFM/OB-GYN (4 - Ten Hour Days!)Ambulatory RN 2
- OB-GYN (Four - 10 hour Days!)
The Ambulatory RN 2 identifies patterns of patient responses and
can use past experiences to implement solutions for current
situations. The Ambulatory RN 2 is a competent nurse who has
mastered technical skills and utilizes evidence-based
interventions. The Ambulatory RN2 continues to collaborate with
other members of the health care team when the need for assistance
* Relationships and Caring
* Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and
families through effective communication, acknowledgement of
patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal
setting for optimal patient experience and outcomes.
* Implements a plan of care that incorporates the unique
characteristics of patients, families, groups and communities.
(cultural, spiritual, intellectual, age educational and
* Maintains positive, professional relationships with all members
of the healthcare team through effective communication, mutual
support and respect.
* Collaborates and communicates consistently and effectively with
other disciplines and services to meet the needs of
* Utilizes resources to effectively resolve conflict and improve
team relationships in support of a healthy work environment.
* Coordinates care using the nursing process, multidisciplinary
collaboration and coordination of all appropriate health services
and community resources across the care continuum
* Evidence Based Practice
* Utilizes evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions
during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic
communications according to state regulations, regulatory agency
standards and organizational policies and procedures.
* Communicates current evidence-based strategies, standards of care
and protocols with peers.
* Participates in and contributes to system and clinic based
quality initiatives, research, development of care protocols and
evidence based activities that improve patient care and
* Technical Expertise
* Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to
safe and effective administration of medications, the use of
medical devices in the delivery of patient care and in the
performance of patient procedures.
* Applies the teaching- learning process to meet the learning and
self-management needs of patients and families.
* Assesses patient safety needs and implements appropriate
strategies to minimize risk during clinical visits, telephone
encounters and electronic communications.
* Critical Thinking
* Recognizes changes in patient status and consistently responds
effectively to optimize patient outcomes.
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize care for complex patients
based on knowledge acquired from previous clinical experiences.
* Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the
physical and psychosocial needs of patients and families throughout
the care continuum.
* Critically analyzes patient cases and effectively adapts the plan
* Recognizes patterns and problems in a specific patient population
that require evaluation.
* Establish regular communication patterns that facilitate the
transition of care for patients and families across settings.
* Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice,
including progress toward achievement of annual goals.
* Considers factors related to resource utilization when delivering
care to patients and families.
* Supports clinic goals, change initiatives, and participates in
nursing shared governance.
* Collaborates with other clinic personnel to ensure task
completion to consistently optimize patient outcomes. Tasks
inclusive but not limited to FMLA document support and medication
* Provides education to staff and/or students in the clinic.
Position Qualifications Include:
* Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure
* 1-3 years nursing experience required.
* Epic experience a big plus
* Earned nursing degree at the baccalaureate level or higher for
those hired after January 1, 2014.
* All Rush System Ambulatory Clinical Ladder - Registered Nurse
Level RN2-Amb transfers to Rush University Medical Center or Rush
University Medical Group from other Rush entities must have an
earned nursing degree at the baccalaureate level or higher prior to
* CPR certification must be current.
* National certification preferred. Analytical ability is
* Communication skills are required in order to lead and teach.
* Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult
* Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center
and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
* Work requires lifting or carrying objects 35-40lbs. and lifting
and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
* The ability to check documents for errors, use a keyboard to
enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or
reports is required.
* Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness
could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially
infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
* Experience with pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology a plus but
not a requirement
* NST knowledge and training a plus. Must be willing to obtain
* Maternal Fetal Medicine experience a plus, not required
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
* Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country,
Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance
your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving
* Rush was ranked Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by
* Ranked among the top 20 best places to work in healthcare by
* For the fourth consecutive time, all three Rush System hospitals
have received an "A" grade for patient safety from the Leapfrog
* In U.S. News & World Report's 2017-2018 Best Hospitals issue,
Rush ranked among the top 50 hospitals in 8 of 16 categories.
* Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Ambulatory RN 2 - MFM/OB-GYN (4 - Ten Hour Days!) - OB/GYN, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!