Home Therapy Registered Nurse - RN - Home Health
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Home Therapy Registered Nurse - RNAbout this role: As a Home
Therapies Registered Nurse, you will manage patient care in an
independent home therapy program by providing education and support
to patients and caretakers who have chosen to dialyze in the
comfort of their home. This role is primarily clinic based, you
will conduct an initial visit to the homes of patients to assess
home therapy readiness with regular training and follow-up visits
within the clinic environment.
How you grow or advance: As a Home Therapies Registered Nurse, you
will enter our Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) to grow and
advance in your career. By participating in CAP, you will develop
clinical leadership skills, derive greater career satisfaction,
have an opportunity to share your expertise with others, and be
recognized for your experience, knowledge, and clinical expertise.
All new hires will begin at the appropriate CAP level based on
prior experience and education.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset
- we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when
you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your
education goals, granting scholarships to family members,
delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing
financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that
welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background,
and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee
resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar
interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences
to come together for professional and personal development,
discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and
culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which
is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the
lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the
career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a
vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards
of nursing practice, state, and federal regulations.
* As a member of the nephrology health care team, you will
participate in decision-making, teaching, leadership, and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and home
therapies program operations.
* Identifies and evaluates candidates for the Home Therapies
Program including assessment of patients' home environment if
* Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home Dialysis
candidate's home environment and caretaker readiness and ability to
perform dialysis treatments in the home.
* Admits new patients to the Home Therapies Program using the
* Coordinates patient care including assessment, planning,
intervention, and evaluation for an assigned group of hemodialysis
* Assesses and manages patients' response to home dialysis training
and treatment therapy by following prescribed predetermined
* Analyzes dialysis data for Home Therapy patients and documents
and adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as needed.
* Provides initial and ongoing education to patient and family on
home dialysis treatment and the operation and maintenance of all
home therapies equipment.
* Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
* Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and document appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
* Initiates or assist with emergency response measures.
* Completes routine patient evaluations within the clinic
* Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing, and shipping
procedures are performed.
* Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team on the patient care
* Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
* Completes CAP requirements to either maintain or advance within
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
* Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Qualities and traits: compassion, caring, support for colleagues,
* Experience as a Registered Nurse (preferred but not
* Chronic/home hemodialysis experience (preferred but not
* Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
* The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines, and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
* May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
* The position may require travel to home dialysis patient homes,
training sites or other facilities.
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Clinic Address: 1600 W. 16th St., Suite 13, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Dialysis Experience Preferred
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (must be flexible)
This position will assist patients with their training to
transition to home dialysis
Must have at least one year of RN experience but no previous
dialysis experience is needed, extensive PAID training is
Position is based at the Oak Brook clinic Monday-Friday, day
Occasional home visits
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Chicago , Home Therapy Registered Nurse - RN - Home Health, Healthcare , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!