Pharmacy Tech - Pharmacy Technician
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Pharmacy TechWe're unique. You should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reviews and complies with the Pharmacy Technician Code of
* Helps healthcare providers and patients by greeting them in
person or by phone; answering questions and request; referring
inquiries to the Pharmacist that require their attention.
* Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to
determine inventory level: anticipating needed medications and
supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt;
removing outdated drugs.
* Maintains knowledge of asset protection techniques, creates
claims for order errors and damaged goods.
* Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures,
rules, and regulations.
* Performs duties assigned by the Pharmacist such as utilizing
pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring
information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by
retrieving, counting, pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying
medicine is correct and checking for possible interactions.
* Reports, immediately, prescription error to the Pharmacist and
adheres to company policies and procedures in regard to pharmacy
errors and quality improvement.
* Follows all applicable government regulations including HIPAA,
Medicare and Co-pay requirements.
* Engages patients by offering assistance, resolving issues and
answering questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
* Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on
assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
* Directs and assists team members as needed to maintain workflow
and meet/ complete deadlines as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or
Pharmacist on duty.
* Processes claims for 3rd party reimbursement efficiently and
correctly to third-party insurance providers to obtain payment.
* Earns and maintains certification and licensure as required per
state regulations. Attends training and completes as requested by
the Pharmacy Manager and acquires continuing education credits.
* Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy.
* Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of ChenMed products, services, standards, policies and
* Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
* Strong interpersonal skill and well-developed verbal and written
* Good math and analytical skills
* Ability to multitask, work independently, meet deadlines and be
* Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
* Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Spoken and written fluency in English
* This position may require travel nationwide for training and
support purposes as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
* High School or equivalent; experience can substitute for
education on a year for year basis above the minimum required
* Board of Pharmacy technician registration; maintain current
licensure and certification for state
* Minimum one (1) year of experience in a pharmacy setting to
include pharmacy/medical data entry experience
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
Keywords: ChenMed, Chicago , Pharmacy Tech - Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!