RN Weekend Only Program; 2nd Shift Available - Med Surg
Company: Norwood Crossing
Posted on: September 22, 2023
RN Weekend Only Program; 2nd Shift AvailableThe Weekend RN must
work seven out of every eight weekends. The weekend as defined by
Norwood Crossing is working both Saturday and Sunday. This position
is also required to work one winter holiday and one summer holiday.
The Weekend RN can pick up days during the week but no more than
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization
specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the
northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood
Park. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying
professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the
enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Provide quality care and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal
skills; including the ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships with all staff and Residents. Employing the ability
to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking, and
resourcefulness when resolving Resident care issues. Assisting all
nursing personnel in provision of care for Residents. Completing
necessary unit tasks and functions in compliance with Norwood
Crossing policies, procedures, and applicable health care standards
* Must be a Registered Nurse with current Illinois License.
* Preferred candidate lives in within 15 miles of facility.
* Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must have basic computer skills.
* Must be an analytical thinker whom can make accurate clinical
judgments at a moment's notice.
* Ability to make independent judgments, follow directives and
receive constructive criticism.
* Ability to deal tactfully with superiors, subordinates, other
facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must be in good physical and emotional health.
* Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to pass the pre-employment, drug testing, and back
* Ability to demonstrate appropriate use of supplies and medical
* Observes and practices all safety standards and protocols as set
forth by facility and departmental policy and procedure,
manufacturers, and/or safety committee as appropriate.
* Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in
accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that
govern the long-term care facility.
* Admit, transfer and discharge Residents as required.
* Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance
with established charting and documentation policies and
* Transcribe physician's orders to resident charts, cardex,
medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
* Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the
Physician's Order Form when indicated.
* Medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage available for
full time employees.
* 401k plan,
* Flexible spending account,
* Credit union membership,
* Annual wellness screening & flu vaccines.
* Tuition reimbursement ($2000.00) for full time employees after
* Free parking. Free Meal on shift.
* Close public transit, Metra, Blue Line, Busses
Keywords: Norwood Crossing, Chicago , RN Weekend Only Program; 2nd Shift Available - Med Surg, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!