Physician Assistant (10790) - Occupational Medicine
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Physician Assistant (10790)InGenesis is currently seeking a
Physician Assistant to work with our client located in Chicago, IL.
In this role, the PA will be responsible for providing care and
medical treatment to employees with work related injuries/illnesses
in a manufacturing environment. This position will require
effective communications skills with other teams/departments at the
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and
we'll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
* Examine and treat patients independently and in autonomous
collaboration with the Chief Physician for the medical
* Assess, diagnose, treat and manage occupational injuries and
* Review and interpret x-rays related to occupational injuries.
* Conduct Physical examination for Pre-employment, Return to work,
* Review health history forms.
* Adhere to legitimate legal practice regulations as defined by the
Illinois Public Health Code.
* Review labs, X-ray and MRI results when Chief Physician not
* Perform minor procedures such as suturing and foreign body
removal (skin, cornea, conjunctiva).
* Conduct EKG's, pulmonary function tests, respiratory fit tests.
Calibrate pirometer, audio and others as needed (breathalyzer,
* Manage administrative functions such as opening and closing of
medical leaves, scheduling of appointments and follow up with
* Interact with Human Resources, Safety, Workers' Compensation and
Labor in the management of injured or ill employees.
* Educate employees on disease processes, medications, and
* Supervise nursing staff on their assigned shift.
* Prescriptive Privileges based on delegation by the Chief
Physician and regulated physician assistant practice in
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Physician Assistant
* Current, unrestricted Illinois license.
* Physician Assistant certification (PA-C).
* Experience in Occupational Health or urgent/emergency care.
* 1 or more years' experience as a Physician Assistant.
* 1 or more years health care experience in treating
musculoskeletal injuries and conditions areas Ex. urgent care,
emergency room, or orthopedic settings.
* Ability to work a 2nd shift schedule.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and
is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in
North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in
positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others.
This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues
who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver
superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of
the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the
healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is
committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special
need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting
our website at
Keywords: InGenesis, Chicago , Physician Assistant (10790) - Occupational Medicine, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!