Assisted Living - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - LPN / LVN
Company: Norwood Crossing
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Assisted Living - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Provide direct
nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day
nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance
with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and
regulations that govern our facility and as required by the
Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality
care is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understands and is invested in the mission of Norwood Crossing
and our dedication to our residents. This understanding is
reflected and exhibited consistently through a customer service
approach to the execution of all duties, responsibilities and
interactions at the workplace.
* Observes and practices all safety standards and protocols as set
forth by facility and departmental policy and procedure,
manufacturers, and/or Safety committee as appropriate.
* Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in
accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that
govern the long-term care facility.
* Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required.
* Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance
with established charting and documentation policies and
* Transcribe physician's orders to resident charts, cardex,
medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
* Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the
Physician's Order Form when indicated.
* Complete accident/incident reports and submit to Director as
* Monitor and chart all reports of accidents/incidents involving
* Record new/changed diet orders and forward information to the
* Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the
* Order prescribed medications, supplies and equipment as necessary
and in accordance with established policies.
* Ensure that narcotic records are accurate for your shift.
* Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in and ending
shift duty hours.
* Perform treatments in a timely manner, using the proper
* Notify the resident's attending physician when the resident is
involved in an accident or incident.
* Notify the resident's attending physician and next-of-kin when
there is a change in the resident's condition.
* Make daily rounds of your unit/shift to ensure that nursing
service personnel are performing their work.
* Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
* Maintain a neat and clean appearance and wear the appropriate
uniform or attire.
* Provide leadership to nursing personnel assigned to your
* Provide direct nursing care when necessary.
* Ensure standard precautions are practiced amongst the nursing
* Notify Director of Nursing of any infection or suspicion of
* Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions.
* Interact and keep families informed of the resident's overall
* Complete and file required forms/charts upon the resident's
admission, transfer and/or discharge.
* Make rounds with physicians when needed.
* Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
* Assist in arranging transportation for residents.
* Maintains the confidentiality of all resident information.
* Performs any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands:
* Ability to research and apply best practices to current care
* Ability to ascend and descend stairs on a regular basis.
* Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to pass the pre-employment and annual physical
* Ability (after a training period) to demonstrate proper use of
supplies and medical equipment.
* Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the
* Possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of
this position can be fully met.
* Must be in good general physical and emotional health
* Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds up to a max of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 4 feet
unassisted and be able to push, pull move and/or carry such weight
a minimum distance of 50 feet.
* Ability professionally interact with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Licensed Practical Nurse with current Illinois License.
* Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must have basic computer skills.
* Ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions and to
accept constructive criticism.
* Ability to deal tactfully with superiors, subordinates, other
facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general public.
Keywords: Norwood Crossing, Chicago , Assisted Living - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - LPN / LVN, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!