Nurse Anesthetist - Med Surg
Company: The University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Nurse AnesthetistJob Description
Join UChicago Medicine, as an Nurse Anesthetist in our
As an Nurse Anesthetist, you will be responsible for providing
patient care and support throughout the perioperative period. This
can include preoperative assessment and sedation, administration
and management of an anesthetic, and discontinuation of the
anesthetic and postoperative management.
Come join an Elite group of CRNAs in one of the country's finest
Academic Medical Centers. See all surgical and procedural
disciplines. Experience state of the art Level One Trauma patient
care. And work with world renowned Medical professionals in every
area of service.
Essential Job Functions
* Acquires anesthesia drugs from the satellite pharmacy, prepares
anesthesia drugs and delivery system.
* Functions as a member of the Care Team to carry out the plan for
each patient and the Care Center.
* Performs preoperative assessment of the patient, which includes
chart review, preop patient interview, history and physical if
necessary, and establishes an anesthesia plan based on findings and
discussion with the surgeon and attending anesthesiologist.
* Demonstrates an expert proficiency in airway management, which
includes mask ventilation, laryngeal mask ventilation, endotracheal
* Demonstrates proficiency in the management and/or placement of
current monitoring techniques and procedures in the perioperative
period which include but are not limited to: ECG placement and
interpretation, arterial line placement, central line catheters,
pulmonary artery catheters, transesophegeal echocardiography,
peripheral nerve stimulator's.
* Records all pertinent perioperative events on the patient's chart
and anesthesia record.
* Transports patients postoperatively to an appropriate location
based on anesthetic technique and patient's condition, and reports
the patient's condition and anesthetic concerns to the appropriate
* In collaboration with the attending anesthesiologist, the CRNA
will demonstrate proficiency in the management of the induction,
maintenance, and emergence of anesthesia.
* Performs other duties assigned.
* Current Illinois RN and APN Licensure
* BSN Required
* BLS and ACLS certificate required
* Must be a graduate of an A.A.N.A approved nurse anesthesia
* Pass the National Certification Examination following
* Must be certified or certification-eligible by the A.A.N.A
* Must be certified or certification-eligible by the NBCRNA
* Graduation with a minimum of a master's degree from a nurse
anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on
Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
* A minimum of one year full-time work experience, or its part-time
equivalent, as a registered nurse in a critical care setting
* Must maintain certification through continuing education
* Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
* Shift: Rotating
* Unit/Department: Nurse Anesthetist
* CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a
condition of employment. If you have already received the
vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment
process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu
Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions
will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a
pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are
also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and
with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving;
from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the
Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be
a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Nurse Anesthetist - Med Surg, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!