Clinical Nurse II - Medical/surgical 8s - Med Surg
Company: Cook County Sheriff
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Clinical Nurse II - Medical/surgical 8sMINIMUM
* Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois.
* Active Basic Life Support certification (BLS) or able to obtain
one within two (2) weeks of starting. (Must provide proof at time
of interview if already obtained).
* Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
or able to obtain one within two (2) weeks of starting. (Must
provide proof at time of interview of already obtained).
* One (1) year of current Medical/Surgical nursing experience
within an acute care setting.
* Bilingual in English/Spanish.
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health &
Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged
Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States
for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by
answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
"Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of
Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have
multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the
latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the
military separation from either the Department of Transportation
(Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status.
Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which
identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached
to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR
APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Deferred Compensation Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
* 100% Tuition Reimbursement for nursing-related programs
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please
click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
* Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of
those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada
must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation
service belonging to the National Association of Credential
Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International
Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must
be presented at time of interview.
* Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the
following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment
references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate
licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a
physical and pre-employment drug screen.
* CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or
knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County
employment or hiring uponor because of any political reason or
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Cook County Sheriff, Chicago , Clinical Nurse II - Medical/surgical 8s - Med Surg, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!