Clinical Manager RN - Pediatrics General and Med-Peds - Pediatrics
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Clinical Manager RN - Pediatrics General and Med-PedsClinical
Manager RN - General Pediatrics and Med-Peds
The RN Manager, Clinical Operations is professional registered
nurse who is responsible for the coordination of clinical care for
patients treated. Responsible for the management of the nursing
staff and clinical support staff in an ambulatory care setting. The
nurse manager facilitates the growth and maintenance of the
clinical program in direct collaboration with the Medical
Director(s). The manager also is responsible for providing
regulatory and quality oversight to the staff as well as
participation in division initiatives under the direction of the
Director of Nursing. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and
values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and
* Responsible for the management of the clinical nursing staff and
other clinical support staff.
* Assists the Section Directors, division, and RUMG management
group in the implementation of program development initiatives.
* Assists Director of Nursing in the implementation of
division/RUMG initiatives, regulatory standards, and quality
* Provides direct supervision for the nursing staff and other
clinical support staff.
* Responsible for overseeing staff performance evaluations,
vacation requests and time and attendance issues.
* Responsible for maintenance of standards of care mandated by
* Participates in policy and procedure development and review for
* Responsible for participation in recruitment efforts,
interviewing, and hiring of nursing personnel and clinical support
* Responsible for orientation of new staff and annual competencies;
mandatory and site specific.
* Coordinates nursing and support staff schedules ensuring adequate
coverage of required activities.
* Participates in the Continuous quality improvement process within
clinic, RUMG and and Rush University Medical Center.
* Fosters a climate that encourages positive staff morale,
motivation, and commitment.
* Applies interpersonal communication skills to maintain an open
network of communication among staff members and other health care
* Provides direct patient care to patients as outlined in the RUMG
job description for RN- Infusion Nurse and RN Clinical Coordinator,
supporting nursing staff as needed.
* Assists with implementation of clinical trials in the clinical
setting, as applicable.
* Collaborates with research and division staff to coordinate
research efforts in the clinical setting.
* Assists with the evaluation of the impact of new studies to
clinical setting and provides leadership to implementation.
* Ensures clinical staff education of necessary research compliance
issues and aides in oversight of compliance.
* Interprets research studies and findings to nursing personnel,
house-staff, and other applicable personnel.
* Monitors patient outcomes in accordance with defined standards of
* Utilizes internal and external resources and systems to
effectively meet patient and family needs.
* Ensures continuity of care between inpatient and outpatient
* Facilitates care of patients throughout the Rush system utilizing
* Identifies issues impacting quality and cost-effective care and
communicates information through appropriate channels.
* Oversees quality improvement and regulatory requirements.
* Provides consultation to nurses and physicians
* Serves as a resource to outpatient staff in areas of
* Participates in educational programs and counseling for patients,
families, and health care team members as
* Provides educational opportunities for nursing staff to maintain
safe practice and growth opportunities.
* Assumes responsibility for maintaining competence in own
professional practice and maintenance of required credentials.
* Maintains the standards and educational requirements specific to
the position through continuing education.
* Maintains and updates knowledge and skills based on current
health care practice and research.
* Updates knowledge of current developments in patient care
management, health care legislature, and hospital/community
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in nursing.
* Current Illinois licensure as a registered nurse.
* Minimum five years' experience in clinical area.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Basic computer skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Master's degree in nursing.
* Previous management/supervisory experience.
* Epic/EMR experience.
* Pediatric experience preferred
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
* Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country,
Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance
your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving
* Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet-- facility,
the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also
the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to
receive Magnet status.
* Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017
* Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664
* Ranked among the top 20 "Best Places to Work" by Indeed.
* Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living
benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain
and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Clinical Manager RN - Pediatrics General and Med-Peds - Pediatrics, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!