Clinical Nurse Educator - Adult ICU and Critical Care Outreach Team - ICU - Intensive Care Unit
Company: The University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Clinical Nurse Educator - Adult ICU and Critical Care Outreach
Join UChicago Medicine, as a Clinical Nurse Educator for the Adult
Intensive Care Units and Critical Care Outreach Team.
A Clinical Nurse Educator is a nurse with previous educational
experience whose focus is on staff development and nursing
education. This nurse is an educator, consultant, role model,
staff/patient advocate, change agent, leader and cost effective
professional. In collaboration with nursing leadership, the
Clinical Nurse Educator designs, develops, implements, and
evaluates a variety of educational offerings in order to improve
nursing care and clinical/organizational outcomes. The Clinical
Nurse Educator elevates the standard of professional nursing
practice at UCM by developing, coaching and mentoring staff to
become expert clinicians and leaders.
Essential Job Functions
* Assesses the education needs of employees within area of
* Utilizes standardized and develops customized assessment tools
and testing methodologies to measure staff knowledge and skill in
core nursing practices and within specialty areas.
* Interprets the medical center's strategic imperatives, policies,
guidelines, and other internal demands in order to design education
that supports these strategic goals and key objectives.
* Plans and designs a variety of educational activities based on
the needs assessment.
* Collaborates with key staff to develop a comprehensive annual
* Designs specialty based orientations for clinical staff.
* Designs inservices and continuing education programs for
* Fosters a cultural environment that promotes learning.
* Evaluates all learning activities using objective performance
criteria and recommends corresponding changes in education
* Participates and collaborates with nursing leadership in quality,
research and scholarly activities and develops grant proposals as
* Researches available funding sources and submits funding
proposals in order to implement support and expand new or existing
programs to meet the educational needs.
* Participates on departmental and hospital committees
* Participates in seminars, workshops, and/or for credit course in
area of professional interest and work responsibility.
* BSN required
* Current RN Illinois license
* Minimum requirement of three years of clinical practice in
* Knowledge and previous application of adult learning
* Demonstrated leadership skills evidenced by serving as a charge
nurse, preceptor, or episodic teacher
* Demonstrates complex decision-making skills and problem-solving
* Master of Science in Nursing or related education field
* Experience in trauma settings
* Previous experience working within multidisciplinary teams or
nursing leadership committees
* National certification in specialty area
* Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
* Shift: Day, 8a-5p
* Unit/Department: Professional Development
* CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a
condition of employment. If you have already received the
vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment
process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu
Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions
will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a
pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are
also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and
with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving;
from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the
Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be
a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Clinical Nurse Educator - Adult ICU and Critical Care Outreach Team - ICU - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!