Nurse Navigator, OBGYN - Nurse Navigator
Company: The University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Nurse Navigator, OBGYNJob Description
Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago
Medicine as a Nurse Navigator with our OBGYN department for the
Fetal Neonatal Care Center team (FNCC). In this role you will
partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the
highest quality of care.
Under the direction of a faculty sponsor and in collaboration with
the program support team, coordinates the care of patients through
the disease process. Acts as a clinical liaison for patients,
across medical services and clinical departments. Assesses
clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial, financial, and other
patient needs. Evaluates and manages patient symptoms before during
and after treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provides care coordination & patient education to patients in
Fetal & Neonatal Care Center patients.
* Supports discharge planning for the high risk antepartum
* Supports transitioning of incoming patient referrals to UCMC
Fetal & Neonatal Care Center
* Facilitates resolution to patient care gaps and monitors follow
up/completion by both proactively reaching out to patients and
addressing direct phone calls and messages from patients.
* Acts as liaison for patients, families and their
multidisciplinary clinical team including Maternal-Fetal Medicine,
Neonatology, and Pediatric Specialists
* Educates/reinforces education with patients and families on
disease, treatments, side effects, adverse reactions, and
reportable signs/symptoms based on multidisciplinary care plan.
* Clinical documentation review to improve LOS.
* Develops and/or coordinates development of patient education
materials, clinical pathways, and quality studies
* Serves as primary point of contact for FNCC patients to address
questions and patient care needs to ensure continuity of care
* May be responsible for direct patient care
* Registered Nurse with a current Illinois license. Bachelor's of
Science in Nursing referred.
* Minimum of two years clinical nursing experience with
demonstrated clinical competence in patient care, teaching and
management of patients.
* Must have general computer skills and be adaptable to changing
working situations and work assignments.
* Excellent interpersonal skills required, with specific ability to
communicate effectively with patients, family members, and
* Superior phone communication skills and OB/GYN triaging
* Certified Nurse in Specialty area preferred or in process.
* Experience in Obstetrics and Maternal-Fetal Medicine
* Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
* Shift: Days - 8-Hour Shift
* Unit/Department: OBGYN
* CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a
condition of employment. If you have already received the
vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment
process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu
Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions
will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a
pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are
also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and
with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving;
from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the
Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be
a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Nurse Navigator, OBGYN - Nurse Navigator, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!