Registered Nurse 2 - 25TH FLOOR NURSING - Rehabilitation
Company: Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse 2 - 25TH FLOOR NURSINGBy joining our team,
you'll be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work
in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are
championed through words and actions. You'll contribute to an
innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces
curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in
something that's never been done before as we integrate science and
clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as
we Advance Human Ability, together.
Job Description Summary
The Registered Nurse is responsible for performing individualized
and age-specific nursing assessment of assigned patients using
advanced assessment skills and other medical data to formulate
nursing diagnoses. Develops individualized care plans and provides
and coordinates comprehensive nursing care. Instructs patients and
significant others in care provided, disease and/or illness,
expected outcomes and home care.
The Registered Nurse consistently demonstrates support of the
SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for
excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect
and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees,
and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of
The Registered Nurse demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes:
Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability,
Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope,
Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence)
while fulfilling job duties.
The Registered Nurse will:
* Provide professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being
of patients, which includes performing specialized treatments,
administering prescribed medications, and coordinating patient care
with other departments.
* Collect pertinent physiological, psychosocial, and functional
data to formulate nursing diagnosis using evidence-based techniques
* Assist physician during examinations and treatments.
* Formulate nursing diagnoses by interpreting data from health team
members and integrate into written assessments.
* Assess patients, identify changes in status, establish priorities
for patient care, and identify crisis situations when needed.
* Implement interventions consistent with the established plan of
care and interdisciplinary treatment plan, evaluate progress toward
goal attainment, and modify the plan of care as indicated.
* Provide information to patient and significant others regarding
care during hospitalization, expected outcomes, home care
instructions, and referrals to appropriate health agencies and
* Prepare and provide reports on patient care plans to health team
members, which includes completing assignment sheets, providing
explanation of patient care plans, and completing
* Collect and report pertinent physiological, psychological, and
functional data based on patient plan of care or patient need.
* Review, evaluate and make recommendations regarding SRAlab
policies and procedures related to patient care to ensure
comprehensive patient care.
* Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of SHIRLEY RYAN ABILITYLAB.
* Reports directly to the Nurse Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Professional knowledge of practice acquired by obtaining a
Bachelor/Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited program or
accredited Associate Degree in Nursing (with commitment to complete
BSN/MSN within 2 years).
* Illinois license to practice as a registered nurse.
* CPR certification.
* Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child,
adolescent, young adult, middle-aged adult and geriatric
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret growth and development
related information to assure patient needs are met.
* Ability to communicate effectively using timely verbal,
non-verbal and written communication.
* Ability to take ownership for serving the customer, team and
organization, for achieving goals and for resolving problems.
* Willingness to adapt to changing work demands and work
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to make sound
judgments to monitor and respond to patient needs or changes in
* Ability to anticipate, assess and address the needs of
* Ability to transfer and position patients, consistent with
lifting up to 35 lbs.
* Normal patient care environment with little or no exposure to
dust or extreme temperature.
* Exposure to moderately adverse working conditions in performing
certain patient care activities.
* Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ShirleyRyan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan Ability Lab, Chicago , Registered Nurse 2 - 25TH FLOOR NURSING - Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!