Registered Nurse 2 - Nights Rush Rehab ***5,000 Sign On Bonus*** - Rehabilitation
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse 2 - Nights Rush Rehab ***5,000 Sign On
Bonus***If you like to use all your clinical skills, make a visible
difference in your patients' livess and work as part of a
collaborative healthcare team this is the position for you!!!
You will be working with patients of all ages, and their families
You will be able to educate, collaborate, and most of all be change
COME JOIN OUR TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!
* $5,000 Sign On Bonus*
The Registered Nurse Rehab is a competent nurse who has mastered
technical skills. The Registered Nurse Rehab identifies patterns of
patient responses and can use past experiences to implement
solutions for current situations. The Registered Nurse Rehab
continues to consult with other members of the health care team
when the need for assistance is identified. Exemplifies the Rush
mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush
policies and procedures.
EVIDENCE BASED INTERVENTIONS
* Participates in the collection of data to support unit based
quality initiatives, research and evidence based activities.
* Utilizes system wide resources to support decision making and
* Recognizes patterns/groupings of problems in a specific patient
population that require investigation and initiates actions to
* Communicates current evidence-based information with peers.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CARING
* Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and
families through effective communication, acknowledgement of
patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal
setting for optimal outcomes.
* Collaborates consistently and effectively with other disciplines
and services to meet the needs of patients/families.
* Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the
physical and psychosocial needs of patients and families.
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize care for complex patients
based on knowledge acquired from previous clinical experiences.
* Recognizes a change in patient status and seeks appropriate
resources to address concerns.
* Demonstrates consistent safe and effective use of medical devices
in the delivery of patient care.
* Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to
safe and effective administration of medications.
* Assesses patient safety needs and implements appropriate
strategies (fall precautions, infection control, and suicide risk
patient identification) to minimize risk.
* Individualizes teaching plans based on a thorough assessment to
meet the learning needs of patients and families.
* Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and
students on the unit.
* Demonstrates beginning leadership skills related to patient
* Delegates effectively and consistently to optimize patient
* Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice,
including progress towards achievement of annual goals.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure.
* Maintain current BLS certification.
* Earned nursing degree at the baccalaureate level or higher
(except RN1s hired and already working at Rush University Medical
Center before October, 2012).
* All transfers from other Rush entities must have an earned
nursing degree at the baccalaureate level or higher prior to
transfer into Rush University Medical Center or Rush University
* Analytical ability.
* Communication skills are required in order to lead and teach.
* Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult
* Ability to check documents for errors, use a keyboard to enter or
retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing
or walking most of the designated shift.
* Lifting or carrying objects 35-40lbs. and supporting and
positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
* Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness
could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially
infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Registered Nurse 2 - Nights Rush Rehab ***5,000 Sign On Bonus*** - Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!