Care Coordinator - Social Work
Company: La Rabida Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
La Rabida Children's Hospital Care Coordinator - Social WorkerLa
Rabida Children's Hospital is hiring a full-time Care Coordinator
for the Outpatient Clinic in Chicago, IL. La Rabida Children's
Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute
care specialty hospital, we focus on treating those with complex
medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities,
abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We
understand the needs of families with children battling the most
serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best
healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive
care, education and support, helping families face their unique
obstacles head on. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities
across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service
functions. If you're ready to work for an organization where caring
is a way of life, you've come to the right place! Oh, and the
lakefront views are spectacular too.Job Summary: The Care
Coordinator- Social Worker performs various direct and indirect
patient care activities which can include working directly with
patients and their family that are members of the La Rabida Medical
Home Program. Additionally, the Care Coordinator- Social Worker
provides support for integrated care teams that provide oversight
of the overall care coordination/case management for the patients
within the La Rabida Outpatient Clinic. This individual will assist
in maintaining external relationships with referring organizations,
payers, vendors, and regulatory entities. The Care Coordinator
coordinates and performs the day-to-day care coordination/social
work activities and psychosocial needs for patients/families with
identified needs, consistent with each patient's individualized
plan of care while maintaining La Rabida standards of care, and all
applicable policies and procedures. Essential Care Coordinator
- Perform various delegated direct and indirect patient care
activities which can include working directly with patients and
family that are members of the La Rabida Medical Home Program.
- Assesses psychosocial needs and utilizes interventions to
enhance patient and family functioning and emotional
- Provides telephonic or in person/in clinic crisis management as
- Coordinates and performs day to day care coordination
activities including providing patients with information,
referrals, and assistance accessing community resources to address
Social Detriments of Health, and other psychosocial/educational
- Collaborate with various providers and the Outpatient Clinic
team to provide direct social work services for patients and their
families including assessment of needs, crisis intervention
services, conflict resolution, and assessment of barriers to
improve appointment compliance and engagement.
- Initiates child welfare reports on behalf of providers/others
within the Outpatient clinic and maintains follow up with IL DCFS
or other Children Services' organizations
- Assist in maintaining external relationships with referring
organizations, payers, vendors and regulatory entities. What we
need from you:
- Masters in Social Work required.
- LCSW preferred.
- 3 years of work with children and families required.
- Previous care management/coordination experience in an
ambulatory/hospital setting preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated
knowledge of service delivery systems and resources for children
and families, demonstrated ability to develop and implement plans
of care, knowledge of medical social services and community
services in the Chicago area preferred.
- Organized and motivated self-starter, being able to work
independently while collaborating effectively as a team member with
other healthcare professionals required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Word/Excel required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all required. What you
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident
- Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida
with our tax deferred 403b plan which matches your bi-weekly
contributions and has an additional annual contribution based on
your W-2 earnings.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the
time they need to recharge and be the best versions of
- Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education
achieve a Bachelor's or Master's Degree. La Rabida Children's
Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Conditions of Employment Required to demonstrate full
vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved
COVID-19 vaccine; OR Qualify for a reasonable accommodation for an
exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability
or because of a sincerely held religious belief. Additional
information and instructions regarding how to request a reasonable
accommodation will be provided on request at the time of
Keywords: La Rabida Children's Hospital, Chicago , Care Coordinator - Social Work, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!