Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice
Company: Strive Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney
care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney
disease patients through early identification and engagement,
comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive's
model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with
local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through
ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to
identify patients at risk. Strive Health's interventions
significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut
inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes
and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination
for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard
for how care kidney should be done.
As part of Strive's interdisciplinary clinical care team, the Nurse
Practitioner will utilize their advanced education, skills, and
judgment to deliver advanced nursing care for CKD and ESRD
patients. This role will perform a variety of visits to include in
clinic and house calls. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible
for managing patient care by working with the Strive
interdisciplinary team of social workers, care coordinators,
pharmacists, dietitians, and physicians to provide best in class
patient care. The Strive Nurse Practitioner will be an advocate,
navigator, trusted clinician, and safety net for the patient while
delivering exceptional clinical care, building empathy and trust
with patients, and delivering a world class patient experience.
* Accountable for patient outcomes and KPIs for a panel of CKD and
* Understands value based care and principles to practice.
* Assess patient needs, deliver advanced quality nursing care, and
achieve optimal patient outcomes for patients with chronic kidney
disease and ESRD.
* Obtains patient history, performs appropriate physical exam,
orders and interprets diagnostic tests and lab values to identify
and assess patient's health care needs.
* On an ongoing basis, monitors and documents patient condition,
response to the care plan and significant incidents.
* Alongside with other members of the interdisciplinary team, will
assure that a patient's need for immediate and/or emergent care is
handled promptly and appropriately.
* Willingness to drive prevention at every opportunity to slow
progression, decrease exacerbations, and minimize complications,
while keeping in mind what the patient wants for their life.
* Accountable across the continuum of disease process, healthcare
systems, and patient's lives.
* Assesses the longitudinal needs of patients and individualizes
them in the patient's plan of care.
* Collaborates well with all levels of the clinical team and is
able to align and influence the care needs of a patient.
* Follows evidence-based medicine and incorporates best practices
into patient care.
* Follows established best practices for kidney care,
* Patient Intake and Assessment
* CKD clinical care including management of CKD progression and
co-morbidities and support of transitions to renal replacement
therapy or conservative care
* ESRD clinical care and co-morbidity management
* Preventative care
* Patient engagement
* Close monitoring of high-risk patients
* Participation in shared decision making and Advanced Care
* Transplant Support - pre and post
* Collaboration with inpatient providers and Post Discharge
* ER Diversion
* End of Life Support
* Serves as a liaison with dialysis facilities, PCPs, and
nephrologists, providing care plan updates to help streamline the
transitions in care.
* Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in renal
care treatment, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
* Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to
facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
* Serve patients in person and in multiple care settings (e.g.,
patient home, clinics) in addition to virtual visits.
* Participates in Strive's on-call program.
* Completion of Master's or Doctorate level degree in Nursing
* Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Nurse Practitioner
* Current state specific licensure required and all state clinical
* National Board Certification
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
* Experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner (NP), Primary Care
Nurse Practitioner (NP) or experience in internal medicine,
cardiology, Nephrology or Endocrinology
* 2 years' experience with electronic medical records
* Must have technical resources to be able to successfully complete
* Business travel
* Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down):
Keywords: Strive Health, Chicago , Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!