Care Advocate Nurse - Occupational Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Care Advocate NurseCorVel is seeking a full time Care Advocate
Nurse. The Care Advocate Nurse oversees initiatives surrounding
assessing the severity of the injured workers' reported
injury(ies), reviews medical data in our proprietary system,
validates and secures medical information, assesses & evaluates
need for treatment of work related injury. The Care Advocate Nurse
functions as a nurse consultant, supporting the goals of the Claim
Management department and of CorVel.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work Company, is a national
provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the
workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management
industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically
traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual
investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the
most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a
stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and
plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people
working across the United States embrace our core values of
Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular
employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision,
Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical
Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit
FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Initiates and receives telephonic contact with reported injured
worker, employer and medical providers to obtain treatment plan,
secures medical documentation, and assesses if injured worker has
returned to work.
* Responsible for detailed documentation within the claim system
focusing on medical condition, treatment plan and return to work
* Directs callers to appropriate medical and/or claim
* Identifies and communicates urgent situations related to
treatment or patient condition directly to the claim team.
* Functions as nurse consultant to the claim team.
* Assesses appropriate medical follow up and makes necessary
recommendations to the claim team, working closely with team to
assist in identifying potential red-flags from the injury that may
require further follow-up or additional services.
* Adheres to the Triage production standards and Account special
* Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of triage in the
field of Workers' Compensation (WC).
* Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex
* Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and
competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to
meet production standards deadlines and maintaining strong customer
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
* Strong interpersonal, time management and written communication
* Great attention to detail, and results focused.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Minimum of 2 years clinical nursing experience.
* Graduate of an approved accredited school of nursing.
* Current unencumbered RN Compact State Licensure.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and
complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Keywords: CorVel, Chicago , Care Advocate Nurse - Occupational Health, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!