Supv Ambulatory RN - Neurology - Epilepsy Clinic - Neurology
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Supv Ambulatory RN - Neurology - Epilepsy ClinicSupervisor
Ambulatory RN - Neurology - Epilepsy Clinic
The Supervisor, Ambulatory RN assists the departmental and clinic
leadership in providing administrative and clinical leadership
during shifts. The Supervisor plans and manages team members and
resources to provide the highest quality patient care with trained,
professional, and competent team members in the most cost-effective
manner. The Supervisor oversees operational efficiency and
utilization of labor resources of the assigned shift in
collaboration with departmental leadership. The Supervisor
exemplifies the Rush mission, vision, and values and acts in
accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
* Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and
families through effective communication, acknowledgement of
patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal
setting for optimal patient experience and outcomes.
* Solicits feedback on customer needs by performing ongoing
assessments and rounding and shares findings offering suggestions
for improvement. Customers include patients, visitors, physicians,
* Maintains positive, professional relationships with all members
of the healthcare team through effective communication, mutual
support and respect.
* Collaborates and communicates consistently and effectively with
other disciplines and services to meet the needs of
* Utilizes evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions
during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic
communications according to state regulations, regulatory agency
standards and organizational policies and procedures.
* Communicates current evidence-based strategies, standards of care
and protocols with peers.
* Participates in and contributes to system and clinic-based
quality initiatives, research, development of care protocols and
evidence-based activities that improve patient care and
* Works with teams to develop, implement and track results of
quality improvement activities contributing to overall quality of
care and regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to
safe and effective administration of medications, the use of
medical devices in the delivery of patient care and in the
performance of patient procedures.
* Applies the teaching- learning process to meet the learning and
self-management needs of patients and families.
* Assesses patient safety needs and implements appropriate
strategies to minimize risk during clinical visits, telephone
encounters and electronic communications.
* Recognizes changes in patient status and consistently responds
effectively to optimize patient outcomes.
* Recognizes patterns and problems in a specific patient population
that require evaluation.
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize care for complex patients
based on knowledge acquired from previous clinical experiences.
* Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the
physical and psychosocial needs of patients and families throughout
the care continuum.
* Critically analyzes patient cases and effectively adapts the plan
* Establishes regular communication patterns that facilitate the
transition of care for patients and families across settings.
* Understands departmental productivity measures and uses
monitoring, data reports, technology and assessment tools to align
staffing to clinical needs
* Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice,
including progress toward achievement of annual goals.
* Participates in and/or leads daily safety and capacity
* Supports clinic goals and change initiatives and participates in
nursing shared governance.
* Collaborates with other clinic personnel to ensure task
completion to consistently optimize patient outcomes.
* Provides education to staff and/or students in the clinic.
* Establishes course of action for self and others to ensure that
work is completed effectively and efficiently.
* Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen
specific knowledge/skill areas needed to develop, accomplish a
task, or solve a problem.
* Uses appropriate methods to help build a cohesive team;
facilitating the completion of team goals.
* Creates staffing schedules with lead staff to ensure coverage is
maintained to meet clinical care needs
* Manages team of direct reports and provides develop plans and
discipline when needed. Responsible for annual reviews of staff
* Assists in conflict resolution through communication of concerns
* Assists clinic management with the management of clinic
productivity and staffing to meet budgetary targets while ensuring
safe patient care
* Identifies and purses opportunities for own self-improvement and
leadership development including participation in hospital
committees and projects and attending internal and external
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited
nursing program required.
* Current State of Illinois RN licensure required.
* A minimum of three years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
* BLS/CPR certification required.
* Analytical ability.
* Communication skills are required to lead and teach.
* Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult
* Ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Ability to promote positive working relationships and
* Ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
* Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center
and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
* Work requires carrying heavy objects 35-40 lbs. and lifting and
positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
* Ability to check documents for errors, to use a keyboard to enter
or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images, or reports
* Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness
could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially
infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* At least two years of experience as Registered Nurse working in a
* National certification.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
* Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country,
Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance
your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving
* Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet-- facility,
the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also
the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to
receive Magnet status.
* Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017
* Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664
* Ranked among the top 20 "Best Places to Work" by Indeed.
* Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living
benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain
and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Supv Ambulatory RN - Neurology - Epilepsy Clinic - Neurology, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!