Medical Assistant - Medical Assistant
Company: The University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Medical AssistantJob Description
Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago
Medicine as a Medical Assistant on our Cardiolgy Team. In this role
you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide
patients the highest quality of care.
In this role, a Medical Assistant is an employee who performs a
wide variety of patient care services under the direct supervision
of a registered nurse, advanced practice nurse (APN) or physician.
Such services can involve therapeutic and/or diagnostic
Essential Job Functions:
* Know and practice the University of Chicago Medical Center's
Pride Values and Patient Centered Care Definition and
* Perform any or all duties involving direct patient care as
assigned by the registered nurse or physician and within the scope
of the Nursing policies and procedures.
* Appropriately implement and document patient and family education
as delegated by the RN or physician.
* Obtain and record vital signs.
* Perform tests, i.e. pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and hemocults,
etc., specific to the patient population.
* Document all aspects of patient care according to hospital
policies and procedures.
* Perform phlebotomy services.
* Assist with collection of specimens. Perform labeling and logging
of specimens in compliance with hospital standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* A completed High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited
* A current certificate of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
* Must have phlebotomy experience
* Experience working in a community health setting
* Completion of a certified/registered program for medical
assistants that is recognized by the American Heart Association or
American Red Cross
* Experience in the administration of vaccines and booster
* Experience in obtaining EKG tracings preferred
* Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining
priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an
organized, alphabetized filing system
* General working knowledge of PC. Excel, Microsoft Word for
windows, OASIS and EPIC
* Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
* Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with
discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients,
coworkers, and physicians
* Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting, and transporting
supplies and instruments
* Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
* Shift: Days - 10 hour shift
* Unit/Department: Cardiology
* CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a
condition of employment. If you have already received the
vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment
process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu
Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions
will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a
pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are
also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and
with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving;
from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the
Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be
a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Medical Assistant - Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!